Dish211 remote from Walmart.

You are better off just finding one on ebay there are a ton of them on there for much cheaper than what you will find at walmart and you KNOW will work.

The Hopper remote has many more function keys than the 211. Most important is that it can download all your settings and then restore them if you have to replace a Hopper. Just checked, my 211 remote did do the basic on my Hopper.

I take it you already bought it. Would have been best just to buy an actual Hopper remote on ebay or just call Dish and see if they'd send you one for free.

No I didn't buy it. I asked a specific question and only one person knew the answer. I got dish to send me a new remote. That took a few days. I wanted the remote the day I needed it. I know I can wait for one to be shipped. If I have this happen again at least I can go and get a remote 24/7 at walmart instead of having to unpair and re-pair the one that was working. I was able to get by over the weekend doing just that. But imagine if your 2 tvs only had one remote between them all weekend. It's a pain to deal with. I wasn't asking for solutions or opinions on what the best thing to do would be. I just wanted to know if the remote that Walmart sells would work with the hopper. But everyone wanted to offer their vast knowledge and experience by telling me to order one and wait. I wasnt asking for that. The question has been answered.

No I didn't buy it. I asked a specific question and only one person knew the answer. I got dish to send me a new remote. That took a few days. I wanted the remote the day I needed it. I know I can wait for one to be shipped. If I have this happen again at least I can go and get a remote 24/7 at walmart instead of having to unpair and re-pair the one that was working. I was able to get by over the weekend doing just that. But imagine if your 2 tvs only had one remote between them all weekend. It's a pain to deal with. I wasn't asking for solutions or opinions on what the best thing to do would be. I just wanted to know if the remote that Walmart sells would work with the hopper. But everyone wanted to offer their vast knowledge and experience by telling me to order one and wait. I wasnt asking for that. The question has been answered.

Everyone was just trying to help by giving other options. I'm sure if we all new you needed it that day the responses would have been different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)