DishAnywhere.com doesn't show Video On Demand movies on PC

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
I have a brand new Hopper with Sling. Has anyone noticed that you can't watch the downloaded movies on your Hopper "Rentals" tab on DishAnywhere.com on a PC or laptop? Those are my most important movies, including PPV.

The tech rep said I would have to get an Ipad to watch those on DishAnywhere, on PCs they are not available. I asked how long this has been going on, "for about a year". When will they fix it? "I don't know", was his answer.

This is ridiculous. Who do I have to contact so that I can see my PPV and VOD movies on my PC. I don't want to have to got out and buy an IPad.

I am able to watch all of my other recordings on my PC, just not the ones in the "Rentals" folder.

I have a brand new Hopper with Sling. Has anyone noticed that you can't watch the downloaded movies on your Hopper "Rentals" tab on DishAnywhere.com on a PC or laptop? Those are my most important movies, including PPV.

The tech rep said I would have to get an Ipad to watch those on DishAnywhere, on PCs they are not available. I asked how long this has been going on, "for about a year". When will they fix it? "I don't know", was his answer.

This is ridiculous. Who do I have to contact so that I can see my PPV and VOD movies on my PC. I don't want to have to got out and buy an IPad.

I am able to watch all of my other recordings on my PC, just not the ones in the "Rentals" folder.

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same issue.

And the VOD on the conputer and the VOD on the receiver, are two different things. You have never been able to watch VOD on the computer, and who do you have to contact? The contract negotiators for each company.

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same issue.
There is no solution. Dish's software does not allow watching anything in your rentals folder, or anything on your external hard drive.

Usually, the VOD is available using Dish Anywhere's built in ability to stream VOD directly, rather than from your Rentals folder.

There is no solution. Dish's software does not allow watching anything in your rentals folder, or anything on your external hard drive.

Usually, the VOD is available using Dish Anywhere's built in ability to stream VOD directly, rather than from your Rentals folder.

On my VIP 722K I can watch recordings on my EHD with Dish Anywhere on my PC, tablet or phone. One of the reasons I will not "upgrade" to a Hopper until its forced on me. Not sure about rentals since I don't rent VODs.

Yes, you are right. With the VIP722K, you can watch recordings on your EHD with Dish Anywhere. When the Hoppers were first released, everyone was asking why their EHDs no longer worked with DIsh Anywhere. Dish tech support said that it was a software bug that allowed the 722s to play back EHD recordings, and that was never meant to work. What a bunch of BS! But I do have to give them credit for creative thinking.

Reactions: HipKat
As stated its all part of the DRM. They do not want people to be able to RIP to external media that is out of their control. Limiting to a plaform like the iPad that can be relatively controlled is one of their solutions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)