Dishanywhere Connection Problems using PC but works Via the Android App

68pickuptruck

Original poster
Oct 15, 2013
Tucson AZ
Hi Guys/Gals,

First post here. I am a new subscriber to Dish and Im really excited to use it but cant. I have a hopper w/sling that I have been attempting to connect to using a PC but it is never able to connect using the dishanywhere site but I am able to connect using the Android App. It just times says connecting, then an error message saying its unable to connect to the dvr. I spent a whole lot of time with tech support and was eventually told the problem is on my end? Anyway here are the specifics.

• Hopper w/sling hardwired to a Asus RT-N16
  • I forwarded ports 80,443, and 5678 to my hoppers IP address on the network
  • I added the Hoppers IP address to the DMZ
  • I've reset everything countless times

Again, I am able to connect on my home network or via 4g using my android phone but I am unable to connect using a PC (I tried all 3 on my network) at home or when traveling. I have tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome as far as browsers go.

Anyone here experience something similar? I appreciate any and all responses in advance!

Thanks!

Sorry your first post is a problem, but you described everything very well! The fastest way I think of to narrow it down is two things;
If it's a laptop best thing is to try it from another connection point, a coffee shop or friend's house.
Or if not possible- have a friend come over with a computer and try it at your house.

Thanks for the reply..Ive already tried it from another connection point using my laptop and I've also tried to access from my dads computer at his house. I even had him bring his laptop to my house. Connection error every time. Doesn't seem to be related to my network but rather something is different in how it connects from the Android APP versus using the dishanywhere web site. On the site the hopper shows green and that its online. I can access my recorded shows (but cant watch) and the program guide. Just can't stream the video like I could with my old slingbox.

Well you are doing everything right to narrow it down. How long have you had the Hopper, if only a day or two it may be it will take a little time for it all to work correctly. We have seen that before for things like the ICONS for channels not showing up etc... Next step you could contact a DIRT member here for help. (Don't bother calling to talk to a CSR, you know FAR more than they will about it)

Because you can connect with the Android app (of which I know nothing) I would suspect the problem is the firewall on the AP where you are using your laptop. I would run wireshark [packet sniffer] to see if the packets are getting through. Another thing you can try is using a wired connection at home with your laptop and see if that works.

The last thing might be a typo in the sling setup on the laptop -- make sure you have the correct IP address for your hopper, etc.

just some random thoughts ...

Current versions of those browsers are installed, right?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts