DishAnywhere desktop app showing wrong guide??

bortery

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2011
US
I had the Hopper 3 installed this morning and then had to travel for work and was hoping to use DishAnywhere on my laptop while I'm away. I'm experiencing a major issue that I'm hoping the Dish customer service reps on this forum can help with:

I had the Hopper installed at my place in the Midwest, and this afternoon I traveled to the West coast. When I bring up the guide on DishAnywhere, it's showing me channel numbers and call signs for Portland, which is NOT where my home is and where Dish is installed (I should be seeing call signs beginning with W):

upload_2019-9-3_20-1-34.png

NBC is channel 5 where I'm from, and when I click the NBC channel above, it tries to connect me to channel 8, which isn't even a channel where I'm from. This wouldn't be an issue except that there's no way to enter in a channel number when watching the video player on a desktop/laptop. This is ridiculous. I understand that bugs happen, but I literally can't even watch a channel that I get access to at home, which is the entire reason I got Dish in the first place - for DishAnywhere.

Can this issue be escalated? I should either be able to see the correct guide for what I would see at home or else at the very least allow me to manually enter in a channel number to watch on the video player. There isn't even a way to push channel up or channel down.

When I use the DishAnywhere app on my phone, everything works perfectly, but I don't want to watch on a small phone screen. I'd rather watch on the larger desktop screen.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

You're not alone. Some techs on the Tech Forum are posting about the same things. DA is going through a rebuild, so this could just be a temporary part of that

Reactions: charlesrshell
I had the Hopper 3 installed this morning and then had to travel for work and was hoping to use DishAnywhere on my laptop while I'm away. I'm experiencing a major issue that I'm hoping the Dish customer service reps on this forum can help with:

I had the Hopper installed at my place in the Midwest, and this afternoon I traveled to the West coast. When I bring up the guide on DishAnywhere, it's showing me channel numbers and call signs for Portland, which is NOT where my home is and where Dish is installed (I should be seeing call signs beginning with W):

View attachment 140387

NBC is channel 5 where I'm from, and when I click the NBC channel above, it tries to connect me to channel 8, which isn't even a channel where I'm from. This wouldn't be an issue except that there's no way to enter in a channel number when watching the video player on a desktop/laptop. This is ridiculous. I understand that bugs happen, but I literally can't even watch a channel that I get access to at home, which is the entire reason I got Dish in the first place - for DishAnywhere.

Can this issue be escalated? I should either be able to see the correct guide for what I would see at home or else at the very least allow me to manually enter in a channel number to watch on the video player. There isn't even a way to push channel up or channel down.

When I use the DishAnywhere app on my phone, everything works perfectly, but I don't want to watch on a small phone screen. I'd rather watch on the larger desktop screen.

Hello bortery. I would like to thank you for choosing us, and I would like to welcome you to our family! I am so sorry to hear that we're starting off on the wrong foot due to this issue with our DISH Anywhere app. I know having the wrong channels would definitely confuse and frustrate me, especially since it's working perfectly through the app. I would be happy to go over a few different things that we can try to help with this. Since it is working through the app, I would suggest logging out completely of DISHAnywhere.com, and log back in. If you're still running into the issue, I would take a look at the receiver it is connected to, and make sure that's matching. You can verify the last 3-digits of your Receiver ID on MyDISH.com under the My Equipment tab.

If neither of these steps work, we would like to review your account and equipment to see how we can best help with this situation. Since we don't quite have the ability to do that here, I would suggest getting in touch with our wonderful Chat team. You can get in contact with them by clicking here: Direct Chat - Caleb S

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

I logged out and logged back in and still see the same channels.

I opened up the app and verified the last 3 digits of my receiver are the same that I see when I use the desktop/laptop browser and look under "Accounts & Devices."

I can try the direct chat route, but if we're not able to get it working through that, are you able to file a bug report for me?

Thanks!

You're not alone. Some techs on the Tech Forum are posting about the same things. DA is going through a rebuild, so this could just be a temporary part of that

Thanks, HipKat. Sorry, which Tech Forum is this? Is there one here on SatelliteGuys? I'd love to be able to add a +1 to any thread they have going discussing this.

View attachment 140387

My OTA guide on the vip211k receiver is also not correct. It was several months ago (Portland OR locals). They are all messed up, except for the few diginets I get the guide on. I have a Fire Stick and I finally purchased a Fire ReCast for OTA and its' guide going out 2 weeks in totally correct and it has a built in DVR.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts