Dishanywhere Fullscreen

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
Using FF browser on my laptop. When I am viewing any show, live or on DVR, if I select fullscreen the picture gets slightly smaller than when in the browser window. It is not even 1/2 the screen. Is there some setting I am missing to actually get fullscreen?

Just a WAG, but some laptop video drivers either don't or can't upsample low resolution video to fill the whole screen, so the just put the pixels in the center of the screen pixel for pixel.

If the laptop needs 1280X1024 and it is being fed 720X405 it may just display the 720X405 as a small picture letterboxed in the center of the screen.

Maybe you are using a generic driver, check to see if there is an new video driver for your card on the manufacturer's website.

Even if you are already using the best driver, it might not hurt to re-download it and re-install, just in case the first one has gotten corrupted.

Apparently, "Full Screen" with DishAnywher on tablets will not fill the entire screen of the table like Amazon and YouTube or other videos do. There is still a small black band on top and at bottom. I find it most unfortunate, but not a deal breaker, but I have written my disappointment to the Feedback screen of DishAnywher.

So, does anyone know if this not filling the screen thing something we are doing wrong or a Dish limitation.

There is a whole thread on the main forum about that. Apperantly they removed that option awhile back, but there was a workaround. Blow the screen up, stretch it, and make it its own screen stretched to your settings. This is also how you get a pop out window.

I don't think the problem is my computer as I tried it on my laptop and my desktop. I even tried using my tv as a monitor and it was the same 1/2 screen.

Don't use the fullscreen toggle. Double click in the center of the screen. It worked for me on laptop and desktop.

Apparently, "Full Screen" with DishAnywher on tablets will not fill the entire screen of the table like Amazon and YouTube or other videos do. There is still a small black band on top and at bottom. I find it most unfortunate, but not a deal breaker, but I have written my disappointment to the Feedback screen of DishAnywher.

So, does anyone know if this not filling the screen thing something we are doing wrong or a Dish limitation.

This is what I get too, using FF on my desktop. Right to left is full, black bands top and bottom coverage being maybe 85-90% of my 23" screen. It is similar on my IPad, percentage coverage maybe a little less. I use the FS toggle to get there, double clicking doesn't work for me. What I get is not a deal breaker for me either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts