Due date change email

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I received an email yesterday and it states: "Your AutoPay payment going forward will now be collected five days earlier, starting with your next payment. This change now aligns your due date with the start of your service period; it will not impact the amount due or any service on your account. "

So does this mean the next amount will be adjusted for the -5 days of service or will Dish be pocketing nearly one week's worth of service. That would add up if this applies to millions of subscribers.

Since your service period isn't changing, you're just paying for it sooner. The people that will be impacted are those who would skip out at the last minute.

You used to pay 5 days into your service cycle. They are just changing it now to be paid on day 1 of your service period, rather than 5 days in. You are still getting the same amount days worth of service for your payment, and not being shorted on your previous.

Thanks for the clarification guys, i guess I misinterpreted the message. After years of service I didn't recognize what the difference was between the service date and billing period.

Thanks for the clarification guys, i guess I misinterpreted the message. After years of service I didn't recognize what the difference was between the service date and billing period.
Most don't, and honestly, if I didn't work there and saw the program they use for account management, I likely would not have understood myself without an explanation. Luckily, it was clear on that program with black print, and then red blue green and a couple other colors with specific meanings. Even a 1st grader could figure out their color coding.

Got the email too. Took a couple of reads to understand what they were saying. Honestly, doesn't matter either way to me as I just have it direct billed to a credit card. That card gets direct paid by my checking account. So the day I actually pay cash to someone is the same.

You used to pay 5 days into your service cycle. They are just changing it now to be paid on day 1 of your service period, rather than 5 days in. You are still getting the same amount days worth of service for your payment, and not being shorted on your previous.
My sister has a pay-in-advance account (her bill was always due before the start of her service period) and she received a similar email. (She does not use AutoPay, though.) Will her bill also be due sooner, or will it still be due when it always has been, since the stated purpose of this change is to align the due date with the start of the service period?

I do not work for the company any longer... Haven't since Feb 2014. I'm not sure the full deal with it especially the PiA customers. I was just commenting on how DHA billing was before and is now.

I received my notice on July 8, payment was made 5 days earlier than it had been, on July 31 a received another of the same notice,WTF.

Pay in advance is not affected even though we did get the email. Personally it would have been annoyed, because my current due date is aligned with my pay day.

I wouldn't say that, but definitely aligning the billing date. DHA customers can still go past due. PiA customers cannot.

Thanks for the clarification. Although, with AutoPay, it really doesn't make much difference, either way, as long as the payment goes through.

It does with me. The Dish bill is charged to my CC two days after the end of the CC billing cycle, So, my next CC bill will have two Dish charges on it, because the new payment will fall in the same billing cycle. This stinks!

It does with me. The Dish bill is charged to my CC two days after the end of the CC billing cycle, So, my next CC bill will have two Dish charges on it, because the new payment will fall in the same billing cycle. This stinks!
You could remove autopay, and then make the payment 3 days late. But you'll have the same issue next month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)