Dishanywhere & internet speed ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It varies for me, at least 3-5MB upload from wherever the receiver is located. 1.5Mb upload for reliable SD viewing.
I have 10Mb upload now and can view in HD via sling at our Condo in Las Vegas but I couldn't when I had 5Mb upload. With the 5MB upload I could view in HD via sling at lake house which was just 100miles away from home.

What internet speed is required to used Dishanywhere & view HD programing?
Are you interested in on demand online viewing and Slingloaded viewing (remotely watching recordings from your home DVR)?

Demand viewing typically has lower requirements.

Perhaps not obviously, the technology you use (DSL, cable, wireless, microwave satellite or "borrowed" Wi-fi) has a big impact on what is needed.

I found you need at least a 2.0mpbs upload speed and 10mpbs download speed to be able to watch hd shows without issue. The upload speed is just as important as the download speed. That is why I dumped ATT dsl with only 6mpbs download speed and up to 1mpbs upload speed. I went with Time Warner Turbo cable internet and have had no issues since.

I use Dish Anywhere all the time with a great picture on an Android phone and tablet. My Hoppers are on Hooterville DSL with an upload of 800K, that's right, K. :)

Reactions: bobvick
Quality of Service plays a role also not just speed. When I had DSL in Fl I had no problem slinging HD most of the time. Things like lost packets have little to no impact surfing, but a bigger issue for streaming and Voip.

thanks for the info

I have 6mb download at my house & HWS, not sure of the upload & 11mb at the site I try to watch.

I'm able to watch live programming or recorded programs, but not in HD

I use Dish Anywhere all the time with a great picture on an Android phone and tablet. My Hoppers are on Hooterville DSL with an upload of 800K, that's right, K. :)
I can watch most of the time, with 512k upload on my iPhone 6 Plus. Doesn't look as good on my iPad, but watchable.

I think my problem is the 718k upload that I have @ home
That won't work.
I wasted a lot of time learning that. The idiots at Dish kept telling me I need 3mb down. I had 5mb down. They reset my service, screwed up my locals and then said my Hopper was bad.
The problem was the .75mb upload.
It is totally useless at that speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)