Dishanywhere & Linux?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gittist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
Whenever I try to watch a show on DishAnywhere using my laptop I get "License request failed (DRM_FAILED_LICENSE_REQUEST)".

Everything seems to run normally until I select a show.

I see the following under account and devices:

MANAGE AUTHORIZED DEVICES
DeviceDate Activated
Linux-Browser

Is there a solution?

Which Linux distro and browser? DA is working ok here on PCLinuxOS with Chrome...

DA.png

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am using Linux Sonya and Chrome on the laptop In addition I tried using my Android TV box using the DishAnywhere Ap from Google play, and using the DishAnywhere Ap on my smart TV (Samsung) and they both bombed.

This morning I tried using my Win7 64 bit PC and it wouldn't even accept my log in. At least on the Linux laptop I could log in and select a show before it gave me the DRm license message.

I am using Linux Sonya and Chrome on the laptop In addition I tried using my Android TV box using the DishAnywhere Ap from Google play, and using the DishAnywhere Ap on my smart TV (Samsung) and they both bombed.

This morning I tried using my Win7 64 bit PC and it wouldn't even accept my log in. At least on the Linux laptop I could log in and select a show before it gave me the DRm license message.

Something strange is happening with Dish Anywhere this morning. I can't log in on the PC and the app on my Android phone is not working right either.

Something strange is happening with Dish Anywhere this morning. I can't log in on the PC and the app on my Android phone is not working right either.
Yes, it does appear there's a DA problem on the Dish side this morning. The start of that may be what "gittist" was seeing. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out quickly...

Currently, there is an issue logging into Dishanywhere.com and the DISH Anywhere app. Our engineer team is aware of the issue and they are actively investigating the issue. Thanks for your patience! -Christina W.

Reactions: charlesrshell

In case it still doesn't work when Dish gets their issue fixed... I haven't seen anyone ask you if it was working for you in Linux previously, so I'm going to ask. The other idea I had is perhaps it's looking for a newer version of Chrome, do you have the current version? I know Sonya is version 18.x and Mint is up to 19.2 now, but I would assume that they release unscheduled updates for Chrome like they do Firefox, but I don't use Chrome currently so I don't really know.

1. My Laptop - I keep it up-to-date using the Linux update manager. I've seen Chrome updated when I've done the process. I think DishAnywhere worked a long time ago using Linux.

2. My PC - as of this afternoon it works using Chrome but I'd much rather have it work on the laptop (or the Android box or the SMART TV) so I can feed the signal to the TV.

I'll try using the laptop again later and post the results here.

Thank you to everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)