Dishchannelchart is back

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
From April of 2000 until New Year's Day 2009 I updated the Dish Channel Chart with the help of JohnH and many others out there. As time past, the job got bigger and bigger to the point I was spending nearly three hours a day manually updating the lists. In 2009 Bobabird took on the monumental task of updating this list and within 9 months realized he too did not have the time needed to update the lists.

The list has been idle since mid September 2009.

I am proud to announce that the Dish Channel Chart is back... sort of...

www.dishchannelchart.com

now now points to the most accurate and up-to-date listing tool on the internet today: The Dish Network section of "The List" here on satelliteguys.

This is an easy to remember shortcut to a fantastic tool which contains not only channel numbers and transponders, but spot-beam maps and other information right at your fingertips.

www.dishchannelllist.com, www.dishlist.org and www.dishlist.net will also take you to the same location.

The Echostar Knowledge Base (www.dishuser.org, www.echostaruser.com) is still open for business too. BobaBird has been maintaining the hardware pages and FAQ pages with up-to-date info. The front page of the EKB lists the most recently updated pages.

Enjoy!
Tony

Tony....

thanks again...you know how much I appreciate your work! Is there any way to use your old "look" / format and input the new data with hyperlinks to the spotbeam maps?

The old pages are archived and still available at EKB: Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial)

"The List" was created and is maintained by Digiblur. His format is much cleaner than the old charts, but some info I had is not listed on the chart like links to every channel's web site. This was one of the most time consuming thing I did while maintaining the chart. The package info on the old chart was done manually and was riddled with errors as I didn't catch little changes here and there.

One of the problems I ran into when i was working with databases trying to figure out how to format the info as it was being parsed out was keeping the same type of look. I never really understood the way the databases worked so I finally admitted defeat.

The List is by far the most accurate channel listing tool on the web today. perhaps as Digi gets time, he may add some of the "missing" features. And the spot beam map links are awesome!

Just an FYI on how things work on TheList. Anytime there is a change in the uplink, even if it only sports moves that does not warrant a new report, the uplink tool automatically updates TheList with the new changes. One of the things on the top of my list is to include the channel packages, but they are quite a few channel "codes" that make up each package making the process quite large to reverse engineer. So it will take some time.

qwert1515 did an excellent job on formatting TheList and making it workable! nelson61 also had his hand in the jar too by providing map data so I could create all the static jpg images for the spotbeams. Between the 3 of us, I believe we made an awesome tool found no where else on the net.

Looking at the "List" I see MGM listed, I cannot find it on any of my Guides, guess I will get on the Dish Chat and see what the story is.
Dan
Oops! I had puppy locked out. problem solved'

Last edited:
Really sad news that the Dish Channel Chart (the chart, not the domain) is dead.

While I appreciate some aspects of The List (especially the hard work involved), the unique aspect of the Dish Channel Chart was:

- Finding what packages carried a specific channel

- Finding which satellite slots carried a specific channel

The List works in the reverse direction, it is based on satellite slots and transponders, and then tells you what is on that transponder.

A final Thanks to everyone who worked on Dish Channel Chart !

Really sad news that the Dish Channel Chart (the chart, not the domain) is dead.

While I appreciate some aspects of The List (especially the hard work involved), the unique aspect of the Dish Channel Chart was:

- Finding what packages carried a specific channel

- Finding which satellite slots carried a specific channel

The List works in the reverse direction, it is based on satellite slots and transponders, and then tells you what is on that transponder.

A final Thanks to everyone who worked on Dish Channel Chart !

You haven't tried this part of TheList then:
SatelliteGuys.US - Dish Network Satellite Map

The package information is next on my list as I said above.

I added the EPG and EEPG fix to the uplink tool so it now sends this to TheList.

You haven't tried this part of TheList then:
SatelliteGuys.US - Dish Network Satellite Map

The package information is next on my list as I said above.

I added the EPG and EEPG fix to the uplink tool so it now sends this to TheList.

That page is a good addition, but it does not take into account that some channel numbers are mirrors of other channels (for example, 877 is just a mirror of 149), which was also information that was included in Dish Channel Chart.

Also needs "city" for locals & hyperlink to spotbeam map.

And, the only other thing I would like to know...is their a Directv version of Digiblur with a separate list :)

Thanks guys...I know we can't possibly appreciate all the data work that goes into creating a page like the one you have now.

THANKS!

it already does ;)

not like the Dish one. Since dish uses DVB its easier to get info from the stream. Directv uses their own setup

There could be... but that would take more time than I have right now to tackle. Plus I don't have a tuner card to snag the DSS stream anymore. I used to do the DirecTV stuff before they started the different stream with the KA stuff separate from the DBS band it was kinda pointless.

Sorry to see the list go, especially since this new list does not give the full name of each channel for some strange reason?! How are you supposed to know what the channel is when all you have to go by is the EPG display of 3 or 4 letters?!

For the ethnics especially its downright impossible to know what the name of the channel is. How hard is it to list the full channel name?!

A lot harder than you might think when it's automated and updating constantly. :)

You essentially have to build a database that matches up the epg with the channel names and have the system pull from that info. Same goes for the hyperlinks.

Sorry to see the list go, especially since this new list does not give the full name of each channel for some strange reason?! How are you supposed to know what the channel is when all you have to go by is the EPG display of 3 or 4 letters?!

For the ethnics especially its downright impossible to know what the name of the channel is. How hard is it to list the full channel name?!

Not hard at all, I'd be happy to incorporate the full channel names. Someone will just need to provide the conversion database of what all the EPG channel names convert to. Excel, Access, CSV, or whatever format is fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)