DISHCOMM capable receivers?

I have put a USB Thumbdrive into my 622 and transfered jpg files of the family onto the dvr. I don't think that the 622 supports anything other than that for the USB port.

I have never been able to get that to work. No error message or any other reaction it just does not work. Just tried it again in fact.

OK then, I have a quesiton. I have not tried anything other than a thumbdrive (which works) because I don't know what else to try. So what does work? I remember someone talking about getting a USB keyboard to work to type in searches, but haven't really heard of anything else. Anyone care to share?

HomePlug Ethernet Adapter v1.0

Specifications
Interface:Ethernet
Standard:HomePlug 1.0
Power System Voltage:100-230V AC
Maximum Data Rate:14Mbps
Encrption:56-bit DES,cipher block chaining
Power Consumption:5.0V,500mA max

Attachments

• HomePlug Ethernet Adapter v1.0.jpg
    HomePlug Ethernet Adapter v1.0.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 134
DishComm allows multiple receivers to share one phone connection through the power lines.

DishComm Capabilities

DishComm allows multiple receivers to share one phone connection through the power lines.

Maybe someone should let the engineers at Dish know that pretty much anyone who can figure out to get an Ethernet jack to their Dish receiver can probably also get a phone jack there as well. I can't believe that they are using Ethernet capabilities to piggyback a phone line for PPV authorizations and validating equipment on your account.

What about some of the "long-ago" promised capabilities, like sharing stored programs to other PVR's in the house across Ethernet, downloading multi-media content from your PC, etc.??? Wouldn't it make a lot of sense for the PVR ro access a Media Center Server to spool content from??? When will Dish start to deliver on the promises embedded in the technology?

Last edited:
Maybe someone should let the engineers at Dish know that pretty much anyone who can figure out to get an Ethernet jack to their Dish receiver can probably also get a phone jack there as well. I can't believe that they are using Ethernet capabilities to piggyback a phone line for PPV authorizations and validating equipment on your account.

Actually, the phone line is being sent over the power line and not a ethernet network. DishComm does not use ethernet. Heck it used the HomePlug layer 2 protocol and not Ethernet for layer 2.

What about some of the "long-ago" promised capabilities, like sharing stored programs to other PVR's in the house across Ethernet, downloading multi-media content from your PC, etc.??? Wouldn't it make a lot of sense for the PVR ro access a Media Center Server to spool content from??? When will Dish start to deliver on the promises embedded in the technology?
While those features are neat, I don't think that Dish ever makes promises on that stuff. Sure people here in the forums speculate, or some trade show interview may discuss things that they are working on, but room to room DVR was a Voom feature, not Dish. I also don't remember a PC to Dish MM content feature either. But I'd love to learn more. (The reason I'm here everyday :D ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)