Dishcomm does not work and no help from Tech Support

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

malligood

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
I finally got both my 722 and 622 getting an IP via homeplug after relocating the Netgear bridge. I run diagnostics from each receiver and the broadband is ok. According to the Netgear utility throughput stays steady around 9 mbps. Now for Dishcomm, I have tried as it states elsewhere in the forum to add each receiver to the other but no luck I get error 742. I called TS and the first guy had no clue what Dishcomm was so I was transferred to someone else who at least recognized the word , however he was also of little help. I have an 1000+ upgrade scheduled for Sat. morning and the guy suggested that the technician could fix this, how can that be? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Mack

i believe dish come is like whirlies phone jack only it has one piece to it instead of 2 like phone jack. and i don't know it is up and running yeat. i might be wrong to

If your receivers are on surge protectors or UPS's they must be Dishcomm approved hardware or DishComm will not work.

I'm straight into the wall outlet and no luck, does Dishcomm communicate via IP, or does it uses a proprietary protocol over Homeplug? If it is straight IP then my 2 receivers should be talking to each other.

Mack

IF they would enable them to talk online over the ethernet it would be very nice. Maybe they could share content as well. I can't get any of my dvrs to talk to each other by dishcom either. I tried to plug all three into the wall sockets and add them to each other etc, and no luck. I still have all 3 receivers plugged into the phone lines and ethernet both.

I have both of my 722s plugged into an APC UPS, and they can talk to each other. Not sure if the specific model of UPS is 'approved'.

I'm straight into the wall outlet and no luck, does Dishcomm communicate via IP, or does it uses a proprietary protocol over Homeplug? If it is straight IP then my 2 receivers should be talking to each other.

Mack

it talks over homeplug.

You need to make sure that the receivers are both on the same electrical panel in the house(some older houses can have 2- and old fuse box and a breaker box).
Also, no power strips/surge protectors, unless approved for homeplug.
And no GFCI plugs.

other than that, it should work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)