DISHCOMM Question

hazmat626

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Lake Jackson, Texas
I recently cancelled the landline at my home and now using cell phone. When browsing through dishcomm set up menu sometimes it shows that only 1 of my 722's are connected. Sometimes it shows all 3 connected. My fear is that all of my recievers are not recognized I'm setting myself up for a call from the audit team. Why would it sometimes see all 3 and the next time only see only 1.

You will either need to see if you have an ethernet cable (same type of cable that is plugged into your computer from your cable or dsl modem), or see if you have a Sling Link adapter plugged into your wall by your cable or dsl modem. The VIP receivers have the homeplug technology built in.

Ok... Just got home from work. After looking there is a ethernet cable connected to my wireless router. After running the dishcomm set up, one 722 shows on- line, two off-line. The one that reads on-line is the one connected to my router. After running the set up on my other two 722's they now show on line but in red letters. What's going on.

Are any of the 722k receivers plugged into a surge protector? If so I would recommend that you plug them directly into the wall instead. What's likely happening is that your 722k receivers are able to connect to the one that's hooked up to your router via ethernet cable using the Dishcomm technology and sometimes having connection issues in doing so. If you have surge protectors on any of the receivers that could very well be causing the issue unless they're surge protectors that specifically are meant to be hooked up to DishComm units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)