DishHD Absolute worth it?

ju421019

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
Hi - I have the DishHD Absolute grandfathered package and am trying to determine if it is worth the cost compared to the other HD packages.

I know it all depends on an individual viewing, but I just noticed I don't get any of the MTV/VH1 channels. They use to come before in SD under that package but not anymore.

Anyone know which is the best combo SD/HD package for the price. I don't get Comedy Central, E!, some of the channels I watch.

Thanks!

Worth the cost will mean something different to you than others. It is worth it to me. So far, the only thing I have missed is the Daily Show on Comedy Central during election season. An iTunes subscription fixed that, and I am still paying $30 less than I was for the AT250+HD Ultimate.

Ted

Up 2 U

Hi - I have the DishHD Absolute grandfathered package and am trying to determine if it is worth the cost compared to the other HD packages.

I know it all depends on an individual viewing, but I just noticed I don't get any of the MTV/VH1 channels. They use to come before in SD under that package but not anymore.

Anyone know which is the best combo SD/HD package for the price. I don't get Comedy Central, E!, some of the channels I watch.

Thanks!

I'm HD absolute as well, so I know what you are saying. To me it isn't worth the $$ to get the channels. I miss Comedy Central especially with the politics going on now. There is Pladia (MHD) but no MTV or VH1. I miss them very slightly, miss RAVE more. So it is really up to you is it worth the extra money for those few channels. Make up your own mind as to whether you want to go to a more expense package to get 4 or 5 channels.

I agree with the others. It's worth it to me. While not the same, I can get Stewart/Colbert on hulu.com. But still (hear me Charlie!) Comedy Central HD is my top priority (hopefully it will exist soon). I also miss Star Trek reruns on Spike and The Soup on E!. But those channels aren't worth the $20+ I'd have to pay a month, especially given I'd loose some HD channels that go in AT200 and AT250, but that I get with Absoute.

I didnt realize how many SD channels they dropped from HD Absolute until recently - I do miss E! and Comedy Central - VH1 is good for some trashy time pass reality shows.

Not sure if they ever go HD that they will be part of HD Absolute.

I didnt realize how many SD channels they dropped from HD Absolute until recently - I do miss E! and Comedy Central - VH1 is good for some trashy time pass reality shows.

Not sure if they ever go HD that they will be part of HD Absolute.

E! (along with several other Comcast nets) go HD Dec. 8th

VH1 is available in HD on DirecTV and may be coming "soon" to Dish.

Comedy Central most likely will be here next year, but could turn up at any time now as some cable systems were supposed to get it earlier this month.

Any new channel launch on Dish is to be added to Absolute. Unfortunately, Absolute will likely be gone come Feb.

I'm hanging in until Feb, I miss Speed, FX and Fox News. At least I've been able to catch FX shows online. Come Feb I may move to Direct if Dish doesn't have them by then.

When HD Absolute ends, I wonder which package they will automatically force me to?

Good question. I imagine Turbo HD Bronze (closest in price), and have many customers pissed about losing channels, or Turbo HD Gold + Platinum, and have a ton of customers pissed about their price doubling (or more).

I got bronze..and its got everything I want...except....

vsHD

I have DVR'd just about every stage of every tdF the last 6 or 7 years. Takes up alot of space.

But unfortunately, I can't justify cranking up to the "top" package just to get this..and I'm not sure the tdF is even going to be in HD this year..the time is ripe with Lance coming back to the peloton but I'm not going to put any money on them mounting HD cameras to those motorcycles and whizzing around the highways. They can barely get SD to work going through tunnels & trees..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts