DishHD and Superdish

bpaliwal

Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
I am an existing Dish customer. I have a Superdish and a standard dish (for local channels) installed with a DP44 switch.
When I get the HD package, will I need a new dish installed? Will my existing system work by simply replacing the receiver to a vip622 or vip722?

If your additional dish is set to 129 or 61.5 you may be all set. Only thing you may be missing might be local HD channels if they are on 118 or on one of the above sats and you are using the other one. Since you did not list your dma or exactly which sats you have, it is hard to give you the approapriate answer.

If your additional dish is set to 129 or 61.5 you may be all set. Only thing you may be missing might be local HD channels if they are on 118 or on one of the above sats and you are using the other one. Since you did not list your dma or exactly which sats you have, it is hard to give you the approapriate answer.
;

Here's what I get from the info:
a) Status
b) 28/21
g) Satellite 119,121, 110, 148 (all green for status)
h) Device: DPP44, Feed(1), Feed(2), Dual(3),Sngl(4)

Does this help you to provide more information?

BTW are there good deals going around for existing customers to move to HD with Vip722. I see Dishnetwork offerring free upgrade to new customers and a lot of other freebies, but not for existing ones :(

BTW are there good deals going around for existing customers to move to HD with Vip722. I see Dishnetwork offerring free upgrade to new customers and a lot of other freebies, but not for existing ones :(
Have you logged into your account online at DishNetwork to find out about HD Upgrades ?

More info on upgrades and whether your locals are available in HD (and on which sat) can also be found here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...kages-fees-locals-helpful-resource-guide.html

Last edited:
;
Here's what I get from the info:
g) Satellite 119,121, 110, 148 (all green for status)
h) Device: DPP44, Feed(1), Feed(2), Dual(3),Sngl(4)

When I get the HD package..... will my existing system work by simply replacing the receiver to a vip622 or vip722?
#1: NO

#2: you will need a dish aimed at 61.5 or at 129 for many of the National HD channels

#3: if you are on the west coast, you may need a larger diameter single circular dish (20" or 24" or 30") to receive HD at 129

#4: you will need a dish aimed at whatever satellite is transmitting your HD locals.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts