DishHD & DVR Billing Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jetsetter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
OK - This is what shows up on my bill:

DishDVR Advantage 49.99
DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) 5.99
Addl Receiver Access Fee 7.00
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 5.98
Additional Receiver 7.00
dishHD with 1 Premium Package 30.00

I have Three receivers - 211, 622 and a 722 - All leased.

These are my questions - I thought that with DshDVR advantage, I would get one DVR fee for free - but it seems like I am paying for 2 additional receiver fees (7.00 each) and one DVR Service fee (5.98) - What's the DVR Service fee? I do have all my receivers connected to broadband.

Also, I have no premiums - besides the penny Cinemax - but am not sure, what I am being charged for in the DishHD with 1 Premium Package - I can't find any information on line on this package - and after being on the phone with a CSR and her trying to check - I got disconnected twice! waste of 30 minutes.&

Any ideas on what this is? What are my best options I want to get the most HD programming - as I understand that TurboHD is only if I don't have regular SD programming and there's no information on their website about just HD programming on top of SD...

Any suggestions or ideas would be highly appreciated. I would feel much better having the information, so I can call and "educate" the CSR...on the DishHD w/1 Premium...

BTW, I am also out of my contract - if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Additional receiver fees are just that additional receivers. Since you have three, you pay for the two additional receivers. The DVR service fee is for the second dvr receiver, you have two and only one is waived. The HD packages can be add ons with Gold HD being an additional $10 and Platinum HD would be another $10 on top of the Gold Hd (or $20 total). It may be that you are not being charged correctly for your Cinemax, that could be the other $10 charge on top of the HD packages making it $30

As of this date, accounts viewing Top 200 DVR Advantage with 722 as primary, BB connected = $49.99. 622 tuner 1 = $7 additional receiver, $5.98 DVR fee. Tuner 2 BB connected, no additional charge......211 $7 additional receiver. To this add $10 HD essentials, $10 HD Platinum...$10 premium if account is viewing Bonus 250. The confusion may be how Dish identifies the Bonus 250 as an add on DVR Advantage premium.

DishDVR Advantage 49.99
Additional Receiver 7.00

I have Three receivers - 211, 622 and a 722 - All leased.

Here's how that bill breaks down:

DishDVR Advantage 49.99
Includes AT200, DVR fee, and lease fee for one slightly lower price, ViP722

These are the lease fee for a ViP Receiver and DVR fee for same, ViP622

Additional Receiver 7.00
This would be the lease fee for another ViP Receiver, ViP211

This one is harder to decipher. This probably includes the AT250 bonus pack ($10), dishHD Gold ($10), and dishHD Platinum ($10). If you are receiving the Encore movie channels, and things like National Geographic, then you do have the AT250 bonus pack. dishHD Gold would include all HDs for the 250 package, and dishHD Platinum would include extra HD channels - HDNET, HDTHR, UNIDH, PLDIA, SMITH, HDNMV, MGM, and WFN.

This is your warranty service.

You will be seeing some changes in your Feb bill, mostly naming conventions. Also, the lease and additional DVR fees should be combined into one $12 fee, saving you a little money. Of course, there will also be an increase in the package price - should be about $3.

I agree that the currently billing statements are difficult to figure out. After February 1, there will be some changes that should make the bill easier to understand. And it will be in color, too.

Did that help answer your question?

I see people mentioning the dvr fee because of the 2nd dvr receiver, but I only have 1 dvr receiver with DishDvr Advantage and for some reason I'm still getting charged the $5.98 fee. Does anyone know why this is? I thought with the DishDVR Advantage it included your channel package, local channels, and dvr fees. I figured I'd ask in this thread instead of making my own.

DVR advantage covers one dvr fee, if you have two or more dvr's you get the fee for each of those but not on the first unit. If you have only one dvr unit you should not see a dvr fee.

If my understanding is correct, as of Feb 1 the DVR advantage customer, new and existing will only earn a $.98 DVR advantage savings for the first receiver.

DVR advantage covers one dvr fee, if you have two or more dvr's you get the fee for each of those but not on the first unit. If you have only one dvr unit you should not see a dvr fee.

I only have 1 receiver period, so I don't understand why I am seeing the $5.98 charge. I need to call and sort this out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts