Dishin' it up for $150!?!?!?!?

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
Mom has been with DISH for about a year with her 625. TV crapped out on her and now she has a Samsung ln46a650 (better than i have :mad:), so we want to upgrade her to HD. I paid $25 for myself to dish it up to a 612. They want $150 to upgrade her to a 622 and a local HD DISH!!!

This seems very ridiculous, but maybe I'm wrong. Let me know if I am way off base.

Thanks fellas,

pfan

I think it varies per customer. Depends on what you spend per month. They give better discounts to customers with higher programming and receiver packs. If she was a long term customer, ask E* for a 5 Star upgrade. she may get it for 1/2 price.

The 612 and 622 were "on sale" for the month of January.

I just went to the Dish Retailer site (I are one) and they have not yet put up the new pricing for the 'Dish'n It Up' promo.

Wait for the new pricing to be posted and then call again.
Hopefully, they will carry over the reduced prices.

what is the lowest price anyone has paid to upgrade to a 722?

pfan
That's up to the retailer, of course, but he needs to collect about $150 to break even on the receiver.
I usually add a little more because I normally am adding it to an existing surround sound system and spend well over an hour going through every feature on the new receiver ....making test recordings, setting up Favorites etc.

Nobody makes any real money doing DIUs.
It's little more than a courtesy.

We do them to retain goodwill with the customers in hopes they'll call us when they want something we can actually make a little money on.

got it down to a hundred for an installer to come out with a 722 and put up the smaller DISH for HD locals. I guess that's not too bad.

I can't wait to see her new sammy ln46a650 in action!

$1350 Sammy, $250 stand, $30 surge and cables, $100 DISH upgrade, watching some awesome HD.....priceless!

Now maybe everyone will stop coming over here to watch tv :D

pfan

digidss, that's a great question. I have no idea. She had DISH intalled Dec 2007, so maybe she is OK?

I will definitely ask the guy. I think she'll be happy with a better receiver, tv, and programming than her son :mad:. I reallly got to let that go.

Mom wasn't pleased with the 8am-noon timeslot for sunday, but then i told her some horror stories from this site and how she wanted the first appointment of the day :D.

PS, this forum &$*@#&$ rocks!

pfan

I just got a 2nd 722 on saturday and am supposed to pay 50.00 bucks, but it only shows 9.98 on my recent activity. but they charged me $119 for a SP34 switch, which was incorrect, a DP34 will not work with (2) 722 and a 622. So that was taken off.

This started off as a 612, then went to 622, and they brought the 722 so I am happy.

got the installer coming 8-12 at Moms and 12-5 at my sister-in-laws for a new install. I can't believe they got this guy working his tail on the sabbath! :D

Hopefully i won't have too many headaches with her referral like my moms upgrade!

pfan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)