Dish'n It up DVR-625 install tommorow

dish_dtv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Hi!

I currently have an old 301 receiver (owned) that I am swapping out for a DVR-625 under the E* Dish n' It up promo and have paid $119 for the upgrade. The installer is due to come out tommorow. Here's my set up currently:

1. SuperDish 121 with a DP34 switch.
2. 301 receiver/tv in the family room

What all should I expect as part of the 'free' standard install? My second TV is in the guest bed room, quite a distance from the family room, almost to the opposite end of the house. Will the installer do the inside wiring and install the wallplate or will the standard install leave exposed wire mess around the house? Also, will the installer have to take down the SuperDish and replace it with something else for the 625

Thanks!

As far as I know, wall-fish is not part of the standard installation. So yes, he'll probably need to run the cable in the outside. He will also need to run a second cable to the 625 unless he changes the switch to a DPP44.

As far as your dish configuration, no need to add or remove anything. The DP34 switch and the DPP44 switch have 4 outputs.

If I provide the wall plate, will the installer run the wire?

As far as I know, wall-fish is not part of the standard installation. So yes, he'll probably need to run the cable in the outside. He will also need to run a second cable to the 625 unless he changes the switch to a DPP44.

As far as your dish configuration, no need to add or remove anything. The DP34 switch and the DPP44 switch have 4 outputs.

Thanks for the update. If I pick up a wall plate at RadioShack and have it at the time of install, will the technician run the wire thru' my attic and then do the necessary stuff (I am a novice here) to install the wall plate and make the 2nd TV work without the wire mess? i.e. will he agree to run the wire thru' my attic and down to my 2nd room?

Thanks!

It's not the cost of the wall plate, I'm pretty sure the installers have plenty of them in their trucks but the work it takes to do wall-fish installations. You may want to ask him and see what he says or even tip him.

Have him run the wire in through your window ask him to leave you XX feet of extra slack and then do it yourself after he leaves.

Install completed.....Troubling bill

It's not the cost of the wall plate, I'm pretty sure the installers have plenty of them in their trucks but the work it takes to do wall-fish installations. You may want to ask him and see what he says or even tip him.

Update. Installer arrived at 6pm for a 12pm to 5 pm slot. Mentioned that he was the replacement installer for my actual installer (apparently a rookie running late by quite a bit). I requested a wallplate thru' the attic. He refused politely, saying that he did not have the appropriate equipment and would have to drill the hole thru' my wall from the outside. Tried to assuage my feelings saying that the stuff he used will insulate the wall very well. I did not get convinced, but did I have a choice?

My bill arrived the very next day and I noticed that I am being charged a $5.00 access fee? My phone lines have always been connected to my receivers, primarily for alerting me on my TV screen if I have an incoming call. I know that my receiver recognizes my phone line, because I manually made it dial out by going to DishHome (channel 100) and looking up my past statements. Also, I noticed my phone-line IN USE button light up Green (on my cordless phone base unit) at various times during the day. Does this make sense?

Also, on my 2nd room (about 60/70 feet from the receiver) TV, I am having to hold the Dish UHF remote up (pointing to the wall) for it to work well. The antenna is connected to the 625, not in the 2nd room.

Thanks for all your replies/help.

You could try adding a piece of RG 6 coax to the antenna. Instead of screwing the antenna into the receiver, attach the coax, use a male to male adapter and screw the antenna to that. I did this with both my receivers, pulling the antenna fron inside the entertainment center to the outside (still in back and out of sight) and man, what a difference! I used to have to stand on my head, point the receiver out the window, chant, and hope the wind was blowing the right way. Now it just works like I was in the room with the receiver!! Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)