DISHN IT UP(OR WHATEVER IT IS)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rkel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
North Carolina
I have been using 3 remotes for TV, SAT and sound system since I got Dish. Been reading about the new learning remote from Dish on here. I called yesterday to order and was told that it won't work with my rec.(Ihave a VIP222). It comes with the VIP222K now so I said can I get one of those to replace my 222?. YES YOU CAN.....for $150. and a credit card verification you can get one!!!!! Is their no other way to upgrade or do I just need to look for a universal remote and stick with what I have????

Dunno about the upgrade cost but as usual the CSR's don't know what they're talking about.:rolleyes: The 21.0 WILL WORK fine! When I ordered mine for my 622 & 722 back in December I was told the same B.S. I said "Look, I'm a technician and they WILL work". She took the order and they work great. The one I ordered for my sisters' 322 worked fine as well. Call 'em back.:up
Crazy you have to fight to buy something from them...........:confused:

Ed

Thanks for the info.....I will call them back. I actually had 2 different CSR's tell me that and the 2nd one did take the time to try to programe my remote but still did'nt work.
Thanks again.....

Thanks for the info.....I actually had 2 CSR's tell me that they would not but the 2nd one did take the time to work with me and try to programme my remote...still did not work.
I will call them back and thanks again....

Different remote, but I use a Logitech Harmony remote, and it works great! I punch one button to "watch satellite", and everything gets set to the correct mode, and my buttons all get set to work the way I want. Takes a bit of work to start on getting it configured, but once you do, you don't need anything else.

Works for all my other "modes", including "watch DVD", "listen to CD", and tons more.

Just thought I'd throw that there out as an alternative.

I just bought a "factory refurbished" Harmony 550 from Amazon for $45--one day sale/Saturday. Looking forward to it.

I also saw 3 listings on Ebay for BOTH the 20.0 and 21.0 from $34 to $39 SHIPPED. Just go to ebay and search Dish Network 21.0 remote.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)