Inelegant Timer, Malfunctioning Timer

CowboyDren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
I'm psyched to have Spike back, now that it's HD. I want to record "Power Block" on Saturdays, which is a group of at least four shows, starting at about 10AM.

I used to have a manual timer, channel 168, starting at 10 and running to 12:45. This mostly worked, but because Power Block often starts late, there's a lot of overlap from the end of one show onto the start of another. They often put another episode of Xtreme 4x4 on the end, hence the 45 minute extension instead of 15. This timer is hardly elegant, which is why I haven't recreated it, but it used to work.

I tried creating a timer for Horsepower TV, and then extending it to be 2:45 long instead of 0:30 long, and for some reason, my 722 just won't do anything with that.

Right now I have a timer set for each TV show in the Block, set for All Episodes, because I'm pretty far behind on the projects. This is messy when I'm editing or arranging the timers in my list. I just want one event, locking that tuner for that block, every week. I don't care if it makes 5 shows in My Recordings, but I just want one timer. There's another block of programming on HD Theater that I want to pick up with one tuner and one timer event (Tuesday 8-10PM EDST).

Any brilliant ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)