Speed channel and locals

jdennis61

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Any word on when Speed will go HD? How about Paducah, KY HD locals? They talked like we would be the next to get them about 2 Charlie Chats ago. In the the last one they mentioned nothing of it. Any time the wind blows a little we loose signal with the off air antenna.
Jeff

Any word on when Speed will go HD? How about Paducah, KY HD locals? They talked like we would be the next to get them about 2 Charlie Chats ago. In the the last one they mentioned nothing of it. Any time the wind blows a little we loose signal with the off air antenna.
Jeff

Never. Set that for your expectation, and you won't be disappointed. When it finally shows up, you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

Don't know about Paducah...

Jeff

Well, if your signal is loose, then you should probably look into getting it tightened...

Jeff

i'm right outside of owensboro,ky(evansville in.locals) when i had my system installed a couple of weeks ago the installer,dish not retailer, told me that there was no plans to add any additional local's in s.in or ky. sad if true.

FYI on HD locals plans:

April 22
Columbus-Tupelo MS
Ft Smith AR
Grand Junction CO
Johnstown-Altoona PA

May 6
Minot-Bismark ND
Sioux Falls-Mitchell SD
Rockford IL
Twin Falls ID
Butte-Bozeman MT
Chico-Redding CA

May 13
Baton Rouge LA
Erie PA, Medford OR
Roanoke VA

May 20
Sherman TX-Ada OK

May 27
Great Falls MT

June or later
Ft Wayne IN
La Crosse WI
Laredo TX
Wausau WI
Panama City FL

See ya
Tony

Jeff

At one time both Terre Haute and Evansville were scheduled for spotbeam 30. I don't know if that's still the case or not. I haven't seen much of anything on Padukah for a while. Last I heard it was delayed to late summer or fall. Same with the Quad Cities. Some markets have slipped from their initial scheduling. I don't know why except for those scheduled for transponder 5. There's a glitch with that transponder on 129W.

As for Speed, E* said the current contract doesn't expire until this Summer and they will be negotiating.

Well, if your signal is loose, then you should probably look into getting it tightened...

:D:D :haha Or at least tighten your antenna! I know EMR has the whole wave-particle duality stuff, but those photons aren't being blown away from your antenna, it's the other way around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)