Dish'n It Up Repoint Fee?

soccerdude

Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I just had a new 622 installed last week and after reviewing my new bill I noticed a Dish Repoint fee of $59.00. Has anyone else been charged this when upgrading to a 622? Does it eventually get reversed or do I need to call customer service?

Thanks of any input!

Each install is supposed to have a 90 day warranty on it...at least that's what I was told by my Dish CSR and my installer. I even got a number to call the installation company direct rather than mess with a Dish CSR that may not set up the call correctly...:)

I would call....wow...did they just make up another fee?

When I added my HD receiver they put up a new dish and I wasn't charged for it. I don't see how they could charge you $60 for moving a couple of screws....

There is no mention of this fee on their website! I'm doing the 622 upgrade myself this wednesday, they didn't tell me anything about that charge on the phone when ordering either.

Contest it. They tried this one with my upgrade. They did not have a dish 1000 when they came to install my 622. I had a second dish 500 installed already that just needed to be aimed at 129. The charged showed up on my bill. They argued that the dish 1000 install was free, but aiming that second dish was $59. Took calls to 5 different CSRs from 3 different countries before the executive level CSR was involved and got it straightened out.

I called customer service and was able to have the charge reversed. The CSR was unsure why that charge showed up on my bill since the upgrade should include free installation. For those of you considering an upgrade watch your bill for this charge.

Thanks for the repsponses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)