DishNet Hopper 3 randomly deletes DVR timers.

Electrojim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Brea, CA
This is the second time I've had to re-program ABC's GMA into my Hopper. This morning, a Sunday, not only was this morning's episode missing, but under Timers the two listings for GMA were gone, the one setup for weekdays and the other for weekends. I'm not sure how these things work, but assume there's some code in the program metadata that puts the DVR into the record mode for that show. So if ABC changed the number, I would think it might not record, but how did the setups get purged? Am I wrong in assuming that, once programmed, the DVR ought to keep the setup forever, even if the show goes off the air? I know my Hopper has 'remembered' for months (or more!) shows that got dropped by the network. Easy enough to purge them manually, but what makes the Timer disappear by itself?

This is the second time I've had to re-program ABC's GMA into my Hopper. This morning, a Sunday, not only was this morning's episode missing, but under Timers the two listings for GMA were gone, the one setup for weekdays and the other for weekends. I'm not sure how these things work, but assume there's some code in the program metadata that puts the DVR into the record mode for that show. So if ABC changed the number, I would think it might not record, but how did the setups get purged? Am I wrong in assuming that, once programmed, the DVR ought to keep the setup forever, even if the show goes off the air? I know my Hopper has 'remembered' for months (or more!) shows that got dropped by the network. Easy enough to purge them manually, but what makes the Timer disappear by itself?
Delete the old timer and Recreate a new timer for just NEW episodes and it should record every day and twice on Saturdays since they have an extra hour added. My buddy has his set up like this and he doesn't have issues with it. He also has it as his first timer in priority. I checked today when I was visiting.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks, Mike D. What you suggested is what I did, except I didn't have to delete the old Timer because it was the one that disappeared. New Timer shows up doing the right thing for as far ahead as I can see in the Guide. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks, Mike D. What you suggested is what I did, except I didn't have to delete the old Timer because it was the one that disappeared. New Timer shows up doing the right thing for as far ahead as I can see in the Guide. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Wouldn't hurt to perform a hard reboot too.

Reactions: BarnRat