Dishnetwork Customer Service...

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
My 6000u passed away quietly last week while I was working...:( I just got off the phone with tech... I will get a replacement 6000u within the next few days, I did not have the protection plan, However she signed me up and then allowed me to order the replacement...(as part of the plan). She was American and very helpfull(should have gotten her name):) Btw if you ask why not an 811 or the 942, with the coming Mpeg 4 replacements coming sometime in the future I decided to stick with the old trusty war horse...(which I will slave to a Replay)

I'm a little worried about my 6000 too. Lately every now and then it will simply reboot itself. I have never had problems with it until now. I got an 811 but we hated it so we let my son have it on his set and kept the 6000. I don't know if I should nurse it along until mpeg 4 or just get the protection plan and call it in. Did they offer you a 942?

Nope... I made it plain I just wanted a replacement 6000u as I have a good 921 for a Hdpvr and the Replays for downrezzed... My 6000 power button light was blinking (about 8 blinks then a pause the again...) last week, and it would not power up I tried everything then it would not even do that...and when the tech asked what may problem was...I told her dead 6000 and explained that it was either bury the 6000 in the backyard or get a replacement she laughed :)

Sounds like a good trade off i have 2 811's and have had good luck with them never any problems other then the normal issues with software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)