dishnetwork for business address

rjousuf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
I have to install a dishnetwork system as a new customer for my business. Its' a cigar/cigarette store and it will be for 1 tv. The store is only 700 square feet. Do dish charges more for businesses like that or will they give me same deal as if i was residential customer. All i want is my locals and basic $30 packege. Is it better to order direct from dish website or go with a dealer website and order from there? Any recommendations?
thanks

just order it from the website as residental customer. and it will all depend on the installer he might just install it and not tell dish thats it bussiness address.

installer might change you extra if he has to do more work.

I have the basic package in my office and I pay $41.99/month. Local channels would be another $5/m. I asked about HD and it would be $40/m for 4 channels.

Any installer who does this puts his SBCA cert at risk. Dish and DTV consider having a residential account at a business to be signal theft. I always refused to do them on the basis that commercial jobs pay more, and I turned those I ran across on service calls in to signal integrity (who would cancel the WO). Sometimes, if I really wanted to be a bastard, and the problem was simple, I'd fix it, then turn it in. I wouldn't get paid, but the thief would get a REALLY nasty surprise in a couple days, without me having to listen to all their BS.

Anyone who is willing to hook you up in this situation is a hack at the very least. If they don't care about the companies rules, what makes you think they will do a good job for you?

just buy a used 301 and put it on NASA channel. No account needed for that plus the customers will think you're cool, that's one channel they never see in the local restaurant :)

Any installer who does this puts his SBCA cert at risk. Dish and DTV consider having a residential account at a business to be signal theft. I always refused to do them on the basis that commercial jobs pay more, and I turned those I ran across on service calls in to signal integrity (who would cancel the WO). Sometimes, if I really wanted to be a bastard, and the problem was simple, I'd fix it, then turn it in. I wouldn't get paid, but the thief would get a REALLY nasty surprise in a couple days, without me having to listen to all their BS.

Anyone who is willing to hook you up in this situation is a hack at the very least. If they don't care about the companies rules, what makes you think they will do a good job for you?

WOW. thanks for that info, i never knew that it would be that serious.

I think you need to loosen up your panties there hoss. When I roll on a new connect I plan on doing whatever it takes to get the job done. I don't care if the install is in a tree fort or a bomb shelter, just show me where you want your TV's and I'll do the rest. I'm not gonna let the fact that the install is going into a business affect my completion rating. It's one thing if it's a hotel or something along those lines where the business is directly profiting from the service, but the guy with a cigar shop is most likely getting the service for his OWN use while he is running his shop.

I think you need to loosen up your panties there hoss. When I roll on a new connect I plan on doing whatever it takes to get the job done. I don't care if the install is in a tree fort or a bomb shelter, just show me where you want your TV's and I'll do the rest. I'm not gonna let the fact that the install is going into a business affect my completion rating. It's one thing if it's a hotel or something along those lines where the business is directly profiting from the service, but the guy with a cigar shop is most likely getting the service for his OWN use while he is running his shop.

You won't have to worry about your completion rating when your license gets pulled, now will you?