Dishnetwork HD Channels Not Available List Links

Updated Locals List last night, Nationals Tonight per Adams PM's... Thanks!

dfergie, The locals uplinked but not available includes Des Moines and Omaha. However, those two DMA's are available from the 61.5 satellite. They are mirrored and not available on the 129 satellite. There may be others in your list of uplinked but not available that are in the same situation, but I am not sure.

i think this list needs to be updated today. after viacoms, spike, speed and fx being added to hd, what other coveted channels are wanted?

Smithsonian Channel

I am a new member of the forum and, in fact, I am brand new to posting in forums. Thus, I hope I am doing this correctly.

Does anyone know why Dish Network suspended the Smithsonian Channel?

If I am posting this question in the wrong forum or sub-forum, I am sorry. In which case, please tell me where I should be posting it. Thanks.

rlgesq

Contract

I am a new member of the forum and, in fact, I am brand new to posting in forums. Thus, I hope I am doing this correctly.

Does anyone know why Dish Network suspended the Smithsonian Channel?

If I am posting this question in the wrong forum or sub-forum, I am sorry. In which case, please tell me where I should be posting it. Thanks.

rlgesq

It had something to do with contract agreement as best as I can remember. It has been said that they will be back after agreement is done and they add new channels. So we will see.

TCM HD

Already starting to appear on some cable providers.

They have also done some pretty significant upgrading to their fills and promos during the last couple of months and these lend a much better presentation, even in SD. Along with so many more of what is in TCM's library being scanned and restored, the overall quality has improved a whole lot in the last year.

I suspect there will be a big push for TCM HD after their TCM Reunion in Hollywood in April. They are working with Warner to do full, 12,000 DPI restorations of all Warner and MGM films and have a pretty spectacular line-up set to premier at the reunion in April.

To do the big push for TCM HD with or after that event would be a natural.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)