Dishnetwork Internet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I appreciate the knowledge, but it's not a signal problem. It's a capacity/bandwidth/utilization problem.

This is what I got as soon as I got home from work at 5:30 today and it's drizzly out right now, and it will drop as the evening progresses.

8193268026.png

No misaligned dish or poor quality coax will get me 15 Mbps at 5:30, 1 Mbps at 7:30 and probably 30 Mbps at 2 in the morning. Besides my installer was a local independent dealer who prides himself on quality. An old school guy who believes in doing things right, not fast/cheap. The coax and ground block are good and the install took 4 or 5 hours. The only thing that will improve my service is having him back out to re-point me to E19, and hope it's less crowded during peak times.

I don’t really pay for it. My employer does, well most of it any way. I expense $65 of my Charter bill and $60 of my HughesNet bill. Believe me, if I had other options for a secondary source of internet, I would have not went with a satellite option.

What about cellular?

If you can get 4G, that beats satellite internet any day.

I remember when I had the first satellite internet beta test for Starband.

No computer, simply a card installed a dell computer with a board and 2 coax connections.

That thing worked for like 5 years until they shut it down.

I remember all the dealers on the dealer has one of the beta test systems. Everyone had the same IP address.

What about cellular?

If you can get 4G, that beats satellite internet any day.

Cellular is unreliable in my area. AT&T and T-Mobile have no service at all, Verizon and Sprint are not stable, and neither provide much service in my bedroom where my computer and home network are set up. The closest T-Mobile tower to me gives me 100 x 20 when within eyesight. I’d rather have that then satellite, but being 5 miles away, it does me no good.

If I could get reliable Sprint or T-Mobile service at home, and they had a device similar to the Novatel 4G modem/router that Verizon offered a few years ago, I would be all over it.

Cellular is unreliable in my area. AT&T and T-Mobile have no service at all, Verizon and Sprint are not stable, and neither provide much service in my bedroom where my computer and home network are set up. The closest T-Mobile tower to me gives me 100 x 20 when within eyesight. I’d rather have that then satellite, but being 5 miles away, it does me no good.

If I could get reliable Sprint or T-Mobile service at home, and they had a device similar to the Novatel 4G modem/router that Verizon offered a few years ago, I would be all over it.

Could add a cell booster with a directional antenna pointed right towards the tower.

Reactions: TheKrell
Could add a cell booster with a directional antenna pointed right towards the tower.

It's not worth the effort or money for me to get a booster or repeater. The one time I looked into them, cost was upwards of $1000. Plus there's a few problems with that.

I want a provider issued modem/gateway device that would connect to the WAN2 port of my router via ethernet for seamless failover and continued LAN access. There are very few devices for cellular that exist like that. My router also has two USB ports for cellular USB modems, but the support is limited and it's a pain to set up. A repeater or booster would require a power source, one of the great things about satellite is in the event of a power outage as long as my UPS battery backups are running, I can get 60 - 90 minutes of use without power with a computer and the satellite modem. Cable nodes aren't battery backed up here so as soon as the power goes out I lose cable internet and phone. I would have to get an appropriately sized battery backup for a booster adding to the complexity and cost.

Having access to a cellular signal at home is simply not important enough to me invest any time and money into it. The data would be nice, but I don't text and I hate talking on smartphones, plus cellular audio quality is crap compared to a good landline.

Not sure what I am looking at, but it's cool.
So are the drip loops inside in case of tornados?

When installing Cat5/6 and on FO network cable we always try to have what we call a "service loop" at both ends, it gives us the ability to adjust the positioning of equipment without having to run new cable and reduces the stress on connectors.

So yeah, drip loops indoors.

Not sure about making those loops more than one 360, might set up a choke situation.

I did that once with the sat cable that came into my living room, had a couple of spare feet so I dis a multi loop, lost 50% of my signal until I figured it out and just ran the cable along the floor like a snake.

Not sure about making those loops more than one 360, might set up a choke situation.

I did that once with the sat cable that came into my living room, had a couple of spare feet so I dis a multi loop, lost 50% of my signal until I figured it out and just ran the cable along the floor like a snake.

True that. I was once instructed to make a 3/4 loop choke on a 300hp power factor loop to offset inrush current. Didn’t help but electrical engineers were grasping at straws.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Looks good, neat abs clean.

Just sad to see Dish sink a few thousand dollars in a fake 5g install in a last minute ditch effort to keep their licenses.
Just sad to see someone who hasn't been associated with Dish since black and white TV's were still around acting like he knows squat about what Dish is doing.....

Historically, it’s been a bad idea to bet against Charlie Ergen.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
IN the past yes. I am really wondering if his luck is going to hold out to meet that deadline. If he misses it or the government doesn't think his product meets what they consider ample use of the spectrum by the due date, he loses all that spectrum and all the billions he invested in it. Then it is pretty much game over.

IN the past yes. I am really wondering if his luck is going to hold out to meet that deadline. If he misses it or the government doesn't think his product meets what they consider ample use of the spectrum by the due date, he loses all that spectrum and all the billions he invested in it. Then it is pretty much game over.
Pretty sure they wouldn't be in the process of installing 450 towers all over the country if there was a fear of losing it

Pretty sure they wouldn't be in the process of installing 450 towers all over the country if there was a fear of losing it
Time will tell if that is sufficient enough for what the government says is a build out that meets their deadline and numbers. Even Charlie has said in an article I read last week that the build out deadline is going to be close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts