Dishnetwork reciever (322) looses satellite signal on one tuner but not on another?

Ralph Countryman

Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Georgia
I have this dual tuner 322 receiver and one tuner is hooked up to a htpc that I built a couple of years ago and other tuner goes to tv in another bedroom. I hardly use the htpc except to record and watch football. I don't get hd channels and it had been working great.

Well noticed since I started using it to record some shows lately have been having issues but only with the tuner going to the htpc with no live channels, no local channels that are non hd and a black and white (grayed screen ) box saying the we are experiencing difficulties and are aware of the problem....etc....After a while the color will come back then it will say signal lost searching for satellite signal and when that is completed its good for a day or so.

Now I do recall lightening coming in on the phone line and took out the surge protector for it at the receiver. Is it possible that lightening cme in on it thru the phone line and zapped "one tuner" and it is bad and the other is good? Or Is Dish Network now doing something different with signal..Thanks!

Good idea. Unplug for at least a minute, run check switch. Or in an extreme, unplug, remove sat coax, run check sw, unplug, reconnect sat coax, run check sw again.

If none of this works- do you like butter with your toast?

Well I went and unplugged it and removed sat coax cables. turned back on and did test with cables not hooked up, it ran thru all 38 and of copurse gave message about having less satellites then before. Ran again with it hooked up and it ran thru the 3 and everything looked same between both tuners on that receiver.

Now one thing I did notice is that 2 two satellites I use (don't get the HD) the signal is low 72-67 and sometimes drop completely out and say no satellite not locked on both 110 and 119 but also checked signal strength on another receiver and its worse than the one that's acting up. I going to see if I can get the signal strength up better and see if it helps

edit....well I got the signal strength on 119 to 84 but 110 highest I can get it is 72 but its a steady 72 and not going from 72-67 or dropping all the way out. Guess my military training (31 Mike... multichannel communications) finally came in handy as I have shot and installed many antenna's. Went ahead and cleaned the dish and checked plastic cover on LNB as well as checking coax connectors..everything looks good. Guess now time to play the waiting game....

Last edited:
72 is a good signal for 110, i dont understand why your freaking out. goto menu 6-1-3 which is system info. Let it goto 100% and if it says error then goto details and it will tell you if your lnb is drifting, which means your lnb is shot.

Yea, 72 on the new modified scale is equivalent to about 120 on the old scale. You said the signal drops out completely? Does it lock and then drop out, or seem to reset the signal bar before it locks? Once it locks signal, it shouldn't be fluctuating any more than 5-7 points

After doing hundreds of service calls, I would bet my money on a bad coax connector, or bad cable going to the receiver in question..

I have done all tests and checks per everything I could find on the receiver menu's and all checks good.

One thing is that this receiver has 2 tuners and when this one showed the issue the other one was working. So yes it could be a coax but wouldn't it be acting up most of the time if not always since the cable has no moving parts or state of the art circuitry?

vash1090, appeared to be locked in then number dropping around lower 60's it would come up with no signal on the scale...now I'm not on it now but I think thats the way it went.

I'll keep a eye on it and when /if it happens again I'll swap receivers with the other one and see if problem follows the receiver or stays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)