Dishnetwork Tailgater (no locals)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

richheck

Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
Central California
Just purchased a new "Tailgater" directly from Dishnetwork and I reside in the central Calif valley, just South of Sacramento.

Problem is I can not receive my "Local" HD channels with this new unit. Locals are transmitted here on the West coast using the 110 sat and spot beam 18. When I check for sig strength I get around a 30 on all the transponders except trans 18 which comes at "0".

I have called Dish and we have worked for hours on this, they have transferred me to King Controls and they have had me remove the cover and do various changes internally to the unit and finally they have sent me a new unit that does the same thing.

Now for the strange thing, I also have a VuQube 1000 and when I do a signal check with it I get over 50 on all three birds (110, 119, & 129), All locals can be viewed, but still no sig strength reported under 110/trans 18.
Now these units are basically the same in dimention both inside and out, the main difference is the Tailgater is aimed by the computer programming in the 211 receiver while I have to aim and lock each bird with the VQ 1000 and I doubt that I can aim better than the computer.

Is it possible that Dish needs to make a programming change to allow me to receive and view my local especially being I am only 70 miles South of the Sac Local center, and has anyone else experienced this action.

Thank you for your support

Now these units are basically the same in dimention both inside and out, the main difference is the Tailgater is aimed by the computer programming in the 211 receiver while I have to aim and lock each bird with the VQ 1000 and I doubt that I can aim better than the computer.

Is your receiver a 211 or a 211k?
the tailgater requires the k model, that might be your problem.

Even if the receiver wasn't authorized for locals, I think you should still be able to see the signal strength. It may just be a faulty 211k. Do you have access to another 211k you could hook up to see if it's the receiver. The fact that the Qube is also not detecting a signal would make me suspect the 211k if the Qube was also hooked to it, although the fact that the Qube received the locals on the 211k makes me wonder. Did you ever have E* do a authorization rehit on the 211k?

Last edited:
Yes the box was re-authorized multiple times, being that I can receive the HD locals on the VQ1000 I will be returning both of the Tailgaters to the original senders this week (Dish is mailing me the RMA and King Controls already has sent me theirs). Hopefully Dish will figure this out later and I will re-purchase a Tailgater at that time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)