DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 3/19/2008 11:50am - 25 changes

Not getting the newly uplinked South Asian channels

716 - STAR+ [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 08 ConUS beam changed to Available
718 - STAR1 [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 14 ConUS beam changed to Available

I am not sure why, but I am not getting the above channels - they are supposed to be part of the Mega Pack (which I have) and am also pointed at 61.5,110, and 119... Any ideas why?

I am not sure why, but I am not getting the above channels - they are supposed to be part of the Mega Pack (which I have) and am also pointed at 61.5,110, and 119... Any ideas why?

Try doing a switch check.

Try a hard reboot.

I will get the whole family up at 5am next Tuesday, get the kids ready for school by 5:55, and park myself in front of my flat screen if NESN HD is up and running in time for first pitch.... GO SOX!!!!

On a side note, did you notice that Red Sox solidarity today, sticking up for their coaching staff and threatening to boycott the trip to Japan?

3 titles in 5 years has a nice "ring" to it.;)

5964 - XKTIV [MPEG2 SD] added to AMC-15 105W TP 23 ConUS beam (Available)(Sioux City, IA)
5965 - XKCAU [MPEG2 SD] added to AMC-15 105W TP 23 ConUS beam (Available)(Sioux City, IA)
Perhaps they are getting ready to add my locals in HD?
that is only 2 of the 4 locals available to our area via Satelite.
I get several more OTA (Digital channels)

no. Sioux City locals originally were on 105 and you needed a Superdish. Then they were mirrored on 129. What is above is telling people "hey you need to call Dish to upgrade from a Superdish to a Dish 1000 if you wanna see your locals"

Hey you guys who are waiting for NESN HD to light up in time to see the Red Sox game, I am pretty sure I saw either ESPN or ESPN2 is carring the games from Japan, but I don't think it will be in HD, and I doubt if NESN will carry they games in HD either, I could be wrong, believe me it won't be the first time. However, I think the production cost would be to much plus there may be a problem with getting enough bandwith on all the satellites that they need to bounce the signal off of to get it from Japan to the USA. Again I hope I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that i saw it on the ESPN schedule, and it didn't say HD. Maybe someone here knows more about this, and can let me know if I am right or not.

The NESN schedule does list that broadcast as HD:

6:00 AM BOSTON RED SOX BASEBALL {HD} (L)
RED SOX VS. OAKLAND ATHLETICS

NESN Broadcasters - Boston.com

As for relying on the ESPN feed, that's always subject to blackout....
About NESN and HD: I wish they would not display the "HD" on their SD game coverage. No HD Backhauls have found for Preseason games. Only SD Backhauls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)