DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 3/20/2008 12:20am - 52 changes

any truth to the rumors these locals are just testing on 61.5 and may be stationed on 129?

Your talking about the cleveland locals, and these "rumors" were started by a retailer or installer, who I believe also told that person to go to directv...I have not heard anything to give any kind of traction that locals would be uplinked on 61.5 then moved to 129.

Since every Texas HD local seems to be going on 61.5 is it a safe bet that San Antonio will be added also. They did Houston and Dallas last week. So it seemed wierd they would not have done San Antonio at the same time.

Your talking about the cleveland locals, and these "rumors" were started by a retailer or installer, who I believe also told that person to go to directv...I have not heard anything to give any kind of traction that locals would be uplinked on 61.5 then moved to 129.

That was me - a local told me that and a Dish CSR told me that (re: the CLE locals only on 61.5 for tests and moving to 129). Believe me, I am just trying to figure out why I would be scheduled for install of a Dish 1000 when supposedly my locals will be lit on a bird my new dish won't be able to see in a week? Are these guys really that out of touch with corporate decisions?

That was me - a local told me that and a Dish CSR told me that (re: the CLE locals only on 61.5 for tests and moving to 129). Believe me, I am just trying to figure out why I would be scheduled for install of a Dish 1000 when supposedly my locals will be lit on a bird my new dish won't be able to see in a week? Are these guys really that out of touch with corporate decisions?
Yes

its sad to say but yes...but you have to remember this, Dish CSR's dont even know whats going on, I am with you, if it were this close to our locals getting turned on, and I had a install pointing me at the wrong satellite I would be confused as well.....is there anyway to delay your install for just a bit to see whats going on?

Don't say they are going to add a channel until it is flipped to available.

My you are stubborn . :DBut you are right it may not be on yet , but the fact that it is uplinked makes me believe it will be turned on . Especially since the sd version of FOX 64 is already up there just like CBS 6, NBC 4, ABC 12. :up

My you are stubborn . :DBut you are right it may not be on yet , but the fact that it is uplinked makes me believe it will be turned on . Especially since the sd version of FOX 64 is already up there just like CBS 6, NBC 4, ABC 12. :up

There's quite a few HD LiL's that are missing a channel where the SD version is carried. All I'm saying is don't assume you'll get all four until the day they kick off.

any truth to the rumors these locals are just testing on 61.5 and may be stationed on 129?

Table data sent to 61.5 doesn't mean they are "testing" anything. It is a place holder for stations to come. Nothing is being sent to 61.5 except a Dish HD slate, probably.

its sad to say but yes...but you have to remember this, Dish CSR's dont even know whats going on, I am with you, if it were this close to our locals getting turned on, and I had a install pointing me at the wrong satellite I would be confused as well.....is there anyway to delay your install for just a bit to see whats going on?

Yes, on one of the other treads he got his upgrade moved to april 4th i believe. If his locals are turned on this coming wed.or the next wed. he ought to be alright.(at least then dish csr will know what is going on, and make the correct upgrade plans)