DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/9/2008 1:00pm - 178 changes

For: darrencp22

I believe ESPN and others were copied to 61.5 last week as SD mpeg4. That said available. They are not. Someone said it might have to do with encryption on the VIP rec when eastern arc launches. Seems like a solid theory.

Are You still getting NYC locals in HD on 6300-6303 where you live?????

I think you should be as something seems wacked with the uplink report. It says these are (SD) but that's not the way it has been the last year. Those are the (HD) channels..
Gerry

You could easily be receiving the Philly HD locals while waiting for more national HD.
Don't qualify for Philly locals via satcasters (am in the dead center of the H/burg Lanc DMA - unless I am missing something). Can get NBC and ABC via QAM (with Fox, CBS and CW coming in 15% of the time) on the $14 a month limited basic. Can also get nearly everything in the market (except the temporarily low powered HD-VHF CBS affiliate) OTA, so like I said HD LiL does not sway my shopping dollars...

I know I am in the minority for customers shopping for Dish, but esp with the 622/722 box, HD LiL's are completely meaingless to me. (I don't mean to belittle the plight of those who rely on e* or d* to get locals, merely stating the point of view of one customer shopping for service)

I am also a fool... So this is my PREDICTION OF THE DAY:

+ There will be no National HD until April 30.
+ When it comes, most of it will ONLY be available on 61.5 This will hasten the migration of people like me to the ALL MPEG4 system. In Order to get these new National HD products, as well as PBS locals, people like me will either have to pay for a new dish or extend commitment by two years.

Yes, as you say, you are a fool.

National HD will be added within the next week that will NOT be on 61.5 at all, because it is uplinked already on 110.

Also, all National HD on 61.5 is mirrored on 129. When I installed my 622, the top level Tech Phone Rep referred to HD as "129" instead of "HD"...

The locals for me in Milwaukee, WI were uplinked today. That should make me happy right? Well, I would have to say wrong to that. They placed them on a sat. that I can't get (61.5) without having yet another dish put on my roof.
Unh, from the uplink report, MPEG4 SD channels were put on 61.5. I know Milwaukee has had locals in SD for a long time, so unless I missed the HD on the report somewhere, Milwaukee isn't scheduled for HD locals yet.

Also, my DMA probably won't be scheduled to get HD locals for years, so please keep your whining that you don't have them yet to a minimum. Remember that some areas still don't have SD locals!

Don't qualify for Philly locals via satcasters (am in the dead center of the H/burg Lanc DMA - unless I am missing something). Can get NBC and ABC via QAM (with Fox, CBS and CW coming in 15% of the time) on the $14 a month limited basic. Can also get nearly everything in the market (except the temporarily low powered HD-VHF CBS affiliate) OTA, so like I said HD LiL does not sway my shopping dollars...

I know I am in the minority for customers shopping for Dish, but esp with the 622/722 box, HD LiL's are completely meaingless to me. (I don't mean to belittle the plight of those who rely on e* or d* to get locals, merely stating the point of view of one customer shopping for service)
You just need to (ahem) "move" a little further east and you could then receive them from E* after changing the service address. Suggestion - West Chester, PA 19382

Ya know what would be cool.. If you can move without really physically moving. Perhaps this is possible.

My answer to this is that they want us all to switch to MPEG4, and the only place they can do that is on Eastern Arc. So why would they put more HD on 110, 119, or 129?

So this is my PREDICTION OF THE DAY:

+ There will be no National HD until April 30.
+ When it comes, most of it will ONLY be available on 61.5 This will hasten the migration of people like me to the ALL MPEG4 system. In Order to get these new National HD products, as well as PBS locals, people like me will either have to pay for a new dish or extend commitment by two years.\
You may be right!

If so, it won't work with me. Why would I pay E* for a new sattelite dish( or commit for another 2 years) when I can just call D*???

No sir. If E* doesn't roll out more national HD (and I mean a lot of it) by the end of this month, I will drop E* and not look back.

So I noticed there were 2 changes for the Austin market. Almost cheered. Then I noticed that they were just SD movings to 61.5. Is there are reason why we don't get at least the CW in HD? I thought the whole LIN TV thing was resolved, which is why we got the NBC affiliate in HD. Thoughts?
8254(54) - KNVA [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 05 Area 3 beam (Available)(Austin, TX)
8256(18) - KLRU [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 05 Area 3 beam (Available)(Austin, TX)

So I noticed there were 2 changes for the Austin market. Almost cheered. Then I noticed that they were just SD movings to 61.5. Is there are reason why we don't get at least the CW in HD? I thought the whole LIN TV thing was resolved, which is why we got the NBC affiliate in HD. Thoughts?

[/size]

Dish does not carry CW HD at this time.

Are You still getting NYC locals in HD on 6300-6303 where you live?????

I think you should be as something seems wacked with the uplink report. It says these are (SD) but that's not the way it has been the last year. Those are the (HD) channels..
Gerry

Nop, they're SD.. I'm still getting my Boston locals in HD

dennispap, do you know anything about Direct? I live in the New Orleans area an what I was wondering is if I switched to Direct would I be able to get everything including HD locals on one dish, or would I also need two dishes like I will probably need to have with Dish network, if they ever get us our HD locals, because they will be on 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts