DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 5/14/2008 1:23pm - 46 changes

CSNBA!!!

Bout damn time. Might have the record as one of the longest uplinked channels...Anyone have any others?

Try the Indianapolis HD locals. They were up so long that the finally took them down without ever turning them on:(. Now they aren't even on the future list despite the fact they are the only remaining top 30 Nielsen market that is unavailable. Indianapolis is number 26.

I have heard all the Voom channels are still uplinked. As far as the Indianapolis Locals in HD, Dish has reached agreements with most stations, except for the Tribune Stations (WXIN 59 {FOX} / WTTV/WTTK 4/29 {CW}). They are close to a final agreement with Tribune. The Indianapolis HD channels will most likely be Conus on 118.8, or 129. If you look at the spots on 61.5, they are or will soon be full for the Indianapolis area. Also, I have been told that WGNSATHD is now being uplinked, so they may aready have an agreement with Tribune. I believe the last list I saw stated Indianapolis HD was November 2008 at the latest.

Last edited:
The new RSN Mapdowns are just 256 short of the actual. digi will fix it in future posts.

They don't mapdown in the same way as regular HD channels.

If I enter "208" I get CNBC-HD not the SD channel.

If I enter "419" I get CSNBA the SD channel.

But CSNBA-HD is still "419", right above the SD channel.

Same for CSN-West 409 (Northern California gets two RSNs on Dish Network).

I wonder if the map down goes to the HD channel only when it has content ??

Is there a schedule for when the HD content will be shown ??

I wonder if the map down goes to the HD channel only when it has content??

That's exactly how it works. Kind of a cool feature actually.

They don't mapdown in the same way as regular HD channels.

If I enter "208" I get CNBC-HD not the SD channel.

I wonder if the map down goes to the HD channel only when it has content ??

Is there a schedule for when the HD content will be shown ??

The HD versions of RSNs do not exist except when there is an HD event showing. When they are not showing HD they are just mapped to a slate by Dish. Hopefully one day Dish will have the space to really have the channels all the time for better PQ on standard definition content.

FINALLY!!! I get CSN-Chicago and FSN-North on 61.5!!! Watching the White Sox game in HD right now!

I didn't like Voom very much but that was terrible just yanking them with no warning.

It also looks like they mirrored Fox Sports SW on 61.5. Good-now I didn't lose anything and I even gained some PI channels when I put up another dish to get away from 129. Enough was enough of recorded movies on Cinemax being ruined by dropouts whenever there was a cloud.

anyone know anything about why the NY HD locals went spotbeam-only a couple weeks back on 61.5? Did they move the conus to another bird? I dont see why they would have other HD locals conus, but not the 'grand daddy' of NY.

anyone know anything about why the NY HD locals went spotbeam-only a couple weeks back on 61.5? Did they move the conus to another bird? I dont see why they would have other HD locals conus, but not the 'grand daddy' of NY.
They did it because they could and because it saves bandwidth. There is no need for it to be ConUS. Keeps more people on the right side of the fence. :)