DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 5/14/2008 1:23pm - 46 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish's web site still shows Buffalo, NY HD locals for "May" ... We are past mid-may. Maybe they left themselves an out by not stating what YEAR.

Could someone tell me why the Tallahassee FL locals are not available to me when I take my receiver from my home in Tallahassee to Panama City for the weekend. I just missed them this morning. I take my dish receiver with me and the footprint of the spot beam covered my beach house. Did Dish move it to another spotbeam? Thanks.

You keep threatening to move. I dont think E* is going to get MSG HD anytime soon. Make the switch. Happy I did.

You know what is holding me back the most right now; is just the hassle of having to figure how to have 7 different tv hooked up to the system, with using the least amount of recivers. Right now, I have a dual tuner and 211 feeding those 7, and only three different remotes. Plus with hockey season for the sabres 3 months away, I am really not completely motivated to go through hassle of making all the connections. If for some reason E* got msg-hd going it would make the switching pretty much out of the question.

7 tvs? Sounds like a wiring nightmare.. but perhaps the new SWM switch from D* would make it easier. You should read up on it. BTW MSG HD finally showed something aside from the major teams in HD. The other night there was a foo fighters concert in HD.

Could someone tell me why the Tallahassee FL locals are not available to me when I take my receiver from my home in Tallahassee to Panama City for the weekend. I just missed them this morning. I take my dish receiver with me and the footprint of the spot beam covered my beach house. Did Dish move it to another spotbeam? Thanks.

Three possibilities:
1) You are outside the spot beam. Panama City is right on the edge.

2) There is interferance from the neigboring spot beam. There is one that goes to the Mississippi/Alabama border on the same transponder and may be interfering. When that happens the receiver shows zero signal strength.

2) You are not receiving the 110° satellite at all! Check channel 9900.

Check your signal strength on tp 25 at 110°

See ya
Tony

Plus with hockey season for the sabres 3 months away, I am really not completely motivated to go through hassle of making all the connections. If for some reason E* got msg-hd going it would make the switching pretty much out of the question.

I am keeping Time Warner basic service to get the HD Sabres games over QAM.. it was a nice feature this year to watch the games without a box... I do wonder if the basic broadcast package will/does allow you to view the Sabres HD games though...cause I would rather downgrade to that! :)

I am keeping Time Warner basic service to get the HD Sabres games over QAM.. it was a nice feature this year to watch the games without a box... I do wonder if the basic broadcast package will/does allow you to view the Sabres HD games though...cause I would rather downgrade to that! :)

All I subscribe to with them is high speed internet and when I hooked up to it I got the locals and actually several more. That was about a month ago. I don't use the box (LG hd receiver) that way I use it as an alternative OTA in one room.

well now when I look at the uplink center I hope for channel adds but after last week now I cring hoping there are no more channels taken away

Tp 25 at 110w is the spot beam for PR locals.

Yep. It does. TP 25 is a busy frequency.

Transponder 25 at 110° serves the following cities' locals
Spot Beam 3
Albany, GA
Tallahassee

Spot Beam 5
Washington, DC
Roanoke, VA

Spot Beam 8
Bangor, ME

Spot Beam 12
Baton Rouge
Lafayette, LA