DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 5/21/2008 12:44pm - 46 changes

Okay? Does everyone understand?

Now...the following local HD ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox local markets are uplinked and UN-available at 61.5°

Shouldn't Atlanta be on that list?

and i don't understand when atlanta HD locals currently uplinked become available.? (just joking)

NO ONE knows when HD locals currently uplinked will become available.

NO ONE can answer the question, "When will [insert city name here] HD locals become available?"

The INSTANT some one knows or hears a rumor or sees it on a crystal ball or in a vision from their spirit guide, IT WILL BE POSTED. I promise. :)

Now...the following local HD ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox local markets are uplinked and UN-available at 61.5°

Raleigh (Available at 118° for now)
Houston (Available at 110° for now)
Dallas (Available at 110° for now)
Detroit (Available at 118° for now)
Chicago (Available at 129° for now)
Greenville, NC
Fargo
Wichita Falls
Madison
Scranton
Chattanooga
Sherman/Ada
Flint
Abilene/Swetwater
Grand Rapids
Syracuse
Florence, SC
Memphis
Lansing
Buffalo (yes, I know it was announced for May... DON'T COUNT ON IT! "SOON". Not now..."soon")
Albany, NY
South Bend, IN
Beaumont, TX
Waco, TX

----------------------

To avoid the next flood of questions:

FOR NOW means that this is where the HD locals are NOW. IN THE FUTURE at some nebulous point which NO ONE, not even Dish employees knows, they MAY be moved to 61.5° completely. If this happens, you or your next of kin if it's far enough in the future, will be notified of the move with plenty of time to make arrangements. Generally Dish absorbs the cost when they do this to subscribers but again NO ONE KNOWS what the future holds. :)

See ya
Tony <---is this guy grumpy today?

Wow, what a condescending attitude! :confused:

Wow, what a condescending attitude! :confused:

Definition of codescending = Assuming a tone of superiority, or a patronizing attitude.

IMHO, a lot of people are tired of reading, answering, looking at, the same exact question that everyone knows has no answer except "SOON". Even the people that attended the meet and greet don't know any more, IMHO.

:D:D:DIt's just TV:D:D:D

NO ONE knows when HD locals currently uplinked will become available.

NO ONE can answer the question, "When will [insert city name here] HD locals become available?"

The INSTANT some one knows or hears a rumor or sees it on a crystal ball or in a vision from their spirit guide, IT WILL BE POSTED. I promise. :)

Raleigh (Available at 118° for now)
Houston (Available at 110° for now)
Dallas (Available at 110° for now)
Detroit (Available at 118° for now)
Chicago (Available at 129° for now)
Greenville, NC
Fargo
Wichita Falls
Madison
Scranton
Chattanooga
Sherman/Ada
Flint
Abilene/Swetwater
Grand Rapids
Syracuse
Florence, SC
Memphis
Lansing
Buffalo (yes, I know it was announced for May... DON'T COUNT ON IT! "SOON". Not now..."soon")
Albany, NY
South Bend, IN
Beaumont, TX
Waco, TX

----------------------

To avoid the next flood of questions:

FOR NOW means that this is where the HD locals are NOW. IN THE FUTURE at some nebulous point which NO ONE, not even Dish employees knows, they MAY be moved to 61.5° completely. If this happens, you or your next of kin if it's far enough in the future, will be notified of the move with plenty of time to make arrangements. Generally Dish absorbs the cost when they do this to subscribers but again NO ONE KNOWS what the future holds. :)

See ya
Tony <---is this guy grumpy today?

Good Lord, sorry you woke up on the wrong side of the bed and spent 20 minutes typing the answer to my question. :mad: I have learned so much from this site and I really enjoy coming here to research questions that I have, but I had not seen anything listed from my locals and I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask - guess I was wrong. :confused:

All I have to say is WOW!!!!!

And has anyone mentioned the launching of CBSHD and FOXHD in Ft Myers, FL launching today? I didn't see it in any thread and I just got an update at work!

All I have to say is WOW!!!!!

And has anyone mentioned the launching of CBSHD and FOXHD in Ft Myers, FL launching today? I didn't see it in any thread and I just got an update at work!
It is contained in the Activity in this current thread and there was some mention about the folks in Florida being happy as a result of that activity. :)

are some folks feeling extra sensitive today?

I found Tony's post somewhat humorous. :)
I thought Tony's post was hilarious. Frankly I'd like to see a generic version of it posted as a sticky titled...

"Read this before you ask about when your HD LiLs will become available -- or else" :eek:

Talon Dancer

I also agree with TalonDancer. TNG Tony has always been helpful. He did in fact took the time to look up and list all of the pending HD locals uplinked yet not available. There are 114,000+ members, and if EVERY one asked "when are (insert city) locals gonna be available", it would be impossible to answer. Tony may have been "grumpy", which he acknowledged, but he wasn't "condescending."

PS Tony, when are Cincy locals gonna be available??? ;)

I thought Tony's post was hilarious. Frankly I'd like to see a generic version of it posted as a sticky titled...

"Read this before you ask about when your HD LiLs will become available -- or else" :eek:

Does that mean I can still ask my stupid questions about ATL LiLs, since they aren't on the list?? :)

New uplink data:
2 tpn (20, 24 - 8PSK) at 61.5W
2 tpn (22,23 - 8PSK) at 129W

bunch of MPEG-2 "OPEN2...5" ( AVAIL) [574+] and MPEG-4 "TMP a/b/c.." channels ( NA) [9480+]

New uplink data:
2 tpn (20, 24 - 8PSK) at 61.5W
2 tpn (22,23 - 8PSK) at 129W

bunch of MPEG-2 "OPEN2...5" ( AVAIL) [574+] and MPEG-4 "TMP a/b/c.." channels ( NA) [9480+]

French Open PPV ... and new National HD Channels in the space previously occupied by Voom !

I was just about to say that we might see some sort of activity before the Holiday Weekend...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)