DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 5/28/2008 1:34pm - 138 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
CBS C HD: not "ugh." Good!

Part of the sport of watching sports is watching the college recruiting shows, especially as they approach signing day. CBS C has had some nice shows, both FB and BB, in the last year or two. Some of the clips of high school players are really good--you can see players that you know in just a few years will be in the NBA or NFL. Now if they can get hand-held HD cameras out to all the high schools to get those clips...

Fitzie

That is a disputed matter at thsi point.
Yeah, disputed by those who would try to ignore that 2 are now "Network" affiliates, a third may become a "Network" affiliate and the stations themselves will likely fight a change to include the -DTs as a "Suoerstation". There are blackouts which already cause the "Superstions" not to be offered in some markets.Just imagine a compromise which would allow an SD version of the -DTs to be offered as of Fedruary 2009. Something about "DRM" also getting into the picture. :)

Superstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, disputed by those who would try to ignore that 2 are now "Network" affiliates, a third may become a "Network" affiliate and the stations themselves will likely fight a change to include the -DTs as a "Suoerstation". There are blackouts which already cause the "Superstions" not to be offered in some markets.Just imagine a compromise which would allow an SD version of the -DTs to be offered as of Fedruary 2009. Something about "DRM" also getting into the picture. :)

Superstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The dedinition ofa network for superstations does not apply to the CW. the network had to exist before 1995. If it did apply they would not be superstations NOW. But I don't get the rest of tour argument there 3 of them are CW affilates now. There are rumors that WSBK might join the CW after the affiliation agreement of the tribune station expires but that would make 4 CW affilaites and as I said before the CW does not count as a network for this purpose.

As for the -DT argument I grant you tha tyou can read it that way. But I find it curious that DISH is required to report on the number of subs to digital superstations even now.

i do think that more CW affiliates would assert syndex if DISH provided JD feeds and tht may be why DISh is not providing them but that is not the same thing as saying the digital feeds are not superstations.

I am unaware of the argument concerning DRM. Similarly I don't see anything in the wikipedia article that discusses the question of whether the digital feeds can be counted as superstations. I am unaware of how either of theseapplies here but I am willing to listen.

BTW I hae spoken to DISH about all this. The one thing I can say with certainty si that it is unclear but I don't see ho affilaition with the CW or DRM matters.

But I don't want a pising contest on this. I respect you and your work for the community too much. But I don't see how anyone can say it isa settled matter. That is all.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)