Dishnetwork wants me to switch to Directv

Need

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Over the weekend, I wanted to make a change to my dish network plan, so I looked up their number on the website. I called and told them I want to change my plan, but instead of making the change, the lady on the phone started to offer me a "better" package from Directv! I was so confuse and told her that I just want to change my plan, and then she went into her sale tone saying "why won't you want to switch to a better and cheaper plan.... " I finally figured out that I called the "new customer" number instead of the "existing customer" number on dish page. So I hung up on her and called the other number and got the plan changed.

It is interesting that if you are really a new customer and called dish number, you will be offered a "better" directv plan... :p

I am guessing your didn't call DISH...

There are a few numbers which are like DISH Networks but are not DISH.

This is why DISH Network is getting rid of the 800-333-DISH number, because of issues just like this one.

Everyone can remember the 333-DISH number, its the 800 part that people can't remember.

Go to DIRECTV dealers.

The new number DISH has DISH owns all versions (877) (800) (888) and so on.

I called the number on their contact us page:

1-800-823-4929

I double checked the number I dialed after I hung up and it is the same number. The new customer number. I still have that number on my phone log.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts