dishnetwork website issues?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RisingForce

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
OH
Trying to log into my account to access my 922,,, but it keeps asking me for log-in info with a pop-up window, AFTER Im already logged in,, and it will just keep denying in it and go into a loop

Anyone else having the same issue ???

I get this popup

123dish.jpg

Yeah, I've had all sorts of issues the last couple days from different computers. Using IE browser, tries to install the Firefox plugin, what a joke... round and round in circles then it finally decided it wanted to install the IE plugin. That was on Vista 32-bit with IE 8.

Anyways, on the dishnetwork.com site, under my account (which is where they want you to go now), not all the links take you to the right site. Funny, if you read through the FAQ's then it tells you to go to sling.com which tells you to go back to dishnetwork.com. Anyways, the dishnetwork.com links... some take you to dish.sling.com which says the site is changing soon. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, seems to work when it redirects you to dish9.sling.com but if you browse directly to that site then it redirects back to dish.sling.com to login, sometimes it works then. dishnetwork.com > technology menu > dish remote access seems to work usually. They need to update their links and information for sure!

Whatever the case, Sling is a bandwidth hog! It takes almost 768-1mbit upload speed just to watch standard definition over the internet... even on my LAN, using Sling Player, watching at 640x480 and it says it's using 8000Kbps... can we all say WEB HOG! Google "Southwestern Bell Web Hog" if you don't get it. Considering how much MPEG 4 compression you can see when watching Dish on a large tv, you would think they would know how to compress their content IP delivery.

Dish and sling must still be tweaking things on their servers. Hopefully they'll see the light and not keep restricting stuff (like the Sling Player). Was hoping they'd release a web browser and more IPTV stuff on the receiver, but whatever...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)