DishNetwork/ Wild Blue Internet service dying again?

Wild Blue needs to be 5 feet above the ground level

Absolutely try another retailer, if not going through Dish direct - Pole Mounts are supposed to be included with a standard wildblue installation.
A wild blue dish is suppose to at least 5 feet off the ground since the microwave on the tria can burn you. The bad part is that dish network only provides 8 foot poles that have to be bent about 3 feet and then have to be buried 3 feet in the ground. So that only leaves you with a pole about 3 foot off the ground.

If it was me, I'd try another dealer/retailer to see if they would charge less for the pole-mount. Tate could probably give you a better idea as to what a fair $$$ figure would be for a pole-mount, plus cable burial.

I charge $150 for a pole mount. I use 2" galv water pipe, 10' stick, 3' min buried (it gets cold here) and 3-4 bags of pole setting crete (50 # bags), ~ $65 in materials. The main benefit of the water pipe is having a threaded end up so it can be adapted for lengthening or size change if necessary for the future. Also I am able to mount their dbs dish(s) below the HN or WB on the same pole.

You would think that customers would only order wild blue when the only option is dial up, but suprisely these installs are spring up in detroit and surrounding cities where you can get almost any type of dsl or cable internet service. I really don't why some of these customer would order this service when they can get a faster speed and save alot of money. Who know? To tell you I feel bad for the customer after I am done with the install and I try out their new internet service.

Most of the time when I run on a QC in a city it ends up having been disconnected within weeks of activation. Which begs the question "what kind of morons are they selling these to, that have $$ to throw at installation, equipment, and cancellation charges within weeks?"

A wild blue dish is suppose to at least 5 feet off the ground since the microwave on the tria can burn you. The bad part is that dish network only provides 8 foot poles that have to be bent about 3 feet and then have to be buried 3 feet in the ground. So that only leaves you with a pole about 3 foot off the ground.

What do you mean, bent? Also, two feet are missing from your equation. If you sink it 3 feet, that leaves 5 feet up, no?

wb in city?

You would think that customers would only order wild blue when the only option is dial up, but suprisely these installs are spring up in detroit and surrounding cities where you can get almost any type of dsl or cable internet service. I really don't why some of these customer would order this service when they can get a faster speed and save alot of money. Who know? To tell you I feel bad for the customer after I am done with the install and I try out their new internet service.

As the co-owner of a sat retailer, I have only allowed 1 WB to be installed in an area where there were more economical / faster service. We get calls for wb quite often in the city, but I always explain their options. I would rather have them happy with their service than have their money while they're unhappy. I'd hope others are doing the same.

The 1 that we installed is a customer who had such an awful 'self-reported' experience with the cable co. that he vowed to never use any of their services.

is it just me or does anyone else not follow this?????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Need Advice/Help Please!

Hello,
I could sure use some help.
In August I moved to an area where the only internet service available was through Wild Blue. (Satellite) I had it installed and since then have been going through Hell trying to keep it running.
I have a Compaq Presario computer that runs Windows ME. (The computer is 7 years old.)
I didn't have any problem when I had AOL dial up, but now I get the following messages: "An error has occured in your program. To keep working anyway, click ignore & save your work in a new file. To quit program click close. You will lose information you entered since your last save."
You can never click ignore, it doesn't work. So, you have to click close. Then the following message comes on: " Lexplore has caused an error in IPHLPAPI.DLL. Lexplore will now close."
It's driving me crazy! Is it my computer? Or is it the Wild Blue equipment?
Would somebody please help me out? I'm at my wits end.
Thank you very much.

Hello,
I could sure use some help.
In August I moved to an area where the only internet service available was through Wild Blue. (Satellite) I had it installed and since then have been going through Hell trying to keep it running.
I have a Compaq Presario computer that runs Windows ME. (The computer is 7 years old.)
I didn't have any problem when I had AOL dial up, but now I get the following messages: "An error has occured in your program. To keep working anyway, click ignore & save your work in a new file. To quit program click close. You will lose information you entered since your last save."
You can never click ignore, it doesn't work. So, you have to click close. Then the following message comes on: " Lexplore has caused an error in IPHLPAPI.DLL. Lexplore will now close."
It's driving me crazy! Is it my computer? Or is it the Wild Blue equipment?
Would somebody please help me out? I'm at my wits end.
Thank you very much.

that is a problem with your computer... or possibly a virus/spyware ect.
not a problem with the Wildblue though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)