spiegelj07

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Eau Claire, WI
Im buying a dishnow complet kit for my mom what do i need to install it myself

also
i do have a dish pro Dp34 will this workwith the dish

What are you going to use the DP34 for? Are you sure a DISH now system is what your mother needs, there are limitations on programming?

Im buying a dishnow complet kit for my mom what do i need to install it myself

also
i do have a dish pro Dp34 will this workwith the dish

Like Sadoun said, this is a pretty easy install.

The package bought from Radio Shack or Dish itself comes with:

1. Either a DP301 or Phillips 3900 Receiver
2. A Dish 500 dish and a LEGACY Twin LNB for satellites 119 and 110(I don't think they come with a Dish Pro[DP] Twin LNB, but the ones being sold now might). Anyway, since the switch is BUILT INTO the LNB, the DP34 you have is useless/pointless. Especially in this setup.
3. An EZ Remote(usually). Sometimes a little more advanced remote)
4. Connection supplies such a Grounding connection, compass(pretty cheap and useless. Get your own), screws, mounting bar, etc...

Just make sure when you install the dish, it is level/plumb so that you can get an accurrate reading on the install page. If it isn't, it will screwed up.

But there are LIMITS to this system:

1. NO LOCAL CHANNELS OR LOCAL SPORTS NETWORKS, PERIOD. You must either get your local channels from your local cable(lowest tier of programming. Usually no more than $10/month in most places), or through an antenna(which is free, of course). The local FSN(FOX SPORTS NETWORKS), MSG, NESN, ETC... are not available in this package(nor is the Big Ten Network, even though you appear to live in one of the states where a Big Ten team resides) because all you have to give is a Zip code to get everything setup. No other ifo is neccesary.

2. No PPV or HD. At least, not yet. This could change down the road. There has been talk of Dish "possibly" releasing a Prepaid system package with with the DP211's and a Dish 300 with 1 LNB to pick up 61.5(and be able to subscribe/prepay to the $29.99 HD Essentials package), but who knows. This is just talk for now, but could happen. This of course though would force someone to buy a totally new system.

3. Only available in 1 room. No multiple SD tuners(DP 322) available yet. Only single room refurbished(new software for Dish NOW/YA programming) 301's or 3900's. Again, there has been talk of them releasing the 322's for the Dish NOW/YA service, but as of now and in the near future, nothing has happened. And people have specualted about that for at least a year now(actually longer).

But all other services are availble:

AT Family/100/200/250, or Spanish Basic programming levels

HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/Starz Movie packages

Some adult programming(TEN and TEN Clips)

Some international programming(not much here except for the Spanish speaking channels, and some other foreign international channels. Not much though)

well i bought a dishnow system for my mom i tryed settingit up but no signal i figure she dosent have los for it so i took it back only now im out the $40 i spent on the dish now card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts