DishOnline comments, complaints

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
First, I have to commend Dish for finally implementing DishOnline and the ability to download shows. It's a very nice feature to have available.

That said, there's a few things that I guess are complaints...

1) We have "adult" channels locked out of our program guide but some still appear in the DishOnline listing. I'd like for the setting to carry over. I was flipping through the list and saw "Lesbian Sex..." and quickly moved past it since the kids were with me. Later, I showed my wife and I commented that it shows up and the kids could see it. Nonetheless, my wife and I looked at this show and some others more closely. :D

2) When tagging a show to download, give an option to be notified or not notified. I'm patient and don't need to know that a show has finished.

3) The show's information screen needs fixed (for some shows). Look at Cities of the Underworld... and the "info" for them. It's cut off, so you don't know what "city" the episode is about. It does list the episode # so I could look it up somewhere, but that shouldn't be required.

Anyone else have comment, bugs, etc ? I'll add more as I come across them.

Isn't the Adult content viewed in a separate menu selection? I thought I remember them being segregated away from the other programming. Of course, it doesn't prevent a child from going to that selection, though.

Thank you, pioneers. You may remove the arrows from your back now.

I guess in a few days I'll get it up and running. After listening carefully for screams.

I just looked through the "DVR" menus, between "My Recordings", "Movies and more", "TV Entertainment", and "DishOnline" and if I recall, they had an adult-oriented item in the list. I do not have that, just (4) items in the list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)