DishONLINE Download Speed

KenB123

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Northern Illinois
I just hooked up my 622 to the internet. I went into DishONLINE and tried a couple free downloads. The progress meter shows me downloading at about 1.00 Mbps. The meter also shows that is changes between 1.00Mbps and 'stalled'. This occurs for the duration of the download.

Is this the normal download speed? What about the 'stalled' that keeps occuring?

I am getting slightly over 4.00MBPS as I type this now.

DishOnline's speeds have increased greatly a few months ago. Now only if they would make stuff orginaized instead of having everything on one list DishOnline would be cool. (And they need to lower their prices on their movies.)

I wonder why I am getting 1.0Mbps. I am using ATT-Yahoo DSL (up to 6Mbps). The Dish 622 is connected via HomePlug Netgear XE104, which supposedly can go up to 85Mbps.

Yes. I agree on the organization and the cost.

Are the HD movies in widescreen?

I tried Dishonline on both my 622 and 722k. Both work. I have 3mb dsl and have it blocked to one room where the 622 is located. Both are hooked up via phone line. No Ethernet cable (I have it going from my blu ray to router. I take it that my 722k is reading my 622 through electrical current?? I can download to both and speeds are about 1 to 1.5 mb/s.

"stalled" is a result of the inconsistent speed of DSL. Mine does this as well. However on a 6M connection I get about 2.5 on a regular basis.

I would like to see Free premium channel On Demand like cable has. Just got Showtime, want to catch up with Nurse Jackie and never got to see all of Generation Kill

I know this is an old thread but I have a similar circumstance...

Over the holidays having downloaded both Capricas (the HD versions) and Lost in Translation my DDWRT router shows that these took 20GIG of download and it took almost 3 days to completely download...

This also slogged down the capability of any machine on our DSL line (1.5MB speed)

The dish screen showed stalled many times ... many times ... and it seemed to take forever that is why I went and viewed the stats out of my DDWRT router...

Biggest question ... would the 20GIG be correct for how much these downloads actually need?

Other question... if it is my data speed (internally thru the DDWRT router and the DSL modem from Qwest) other than upping the 1.5MB DSL is there anything I can do to get rid of the STALLED or increase the speed that any one knows of?

Thanks,

Ted...

I had DSL for less than a year and went back to cable modem (RR) because of the incoinsistent speeds. Sure DSL is $10 cheaper, but they have 1/3 the speed at best! I currently get about 4-4.7Mbps download speeds from Dish Online. When MaBell gets figer to the house then I will try them again.

Go to speedtest.net and see what your DSL is actually doing, not what your ISP says it will do (and charge you for)

My ISP was a lot slower than advertised. I called and complained and got the new updated router that I was supposed to have a year ago. I wasn't "on the list".

I just hooked my 722k up to ethernet this weekend. (Needed a new wireless router, all ethernet ports were dead)

I get the same result as the OP, exactly.

i have fios 25 up 25 down and i still get stalls and im hooked up right to actiontec router. but when it is downloading i get 4mbs everytime. just want a better organized dishonline. like comcast. also would love hbo and other networks. who do we email suggestions to

I have comcast and suppose to 12 but actually get 20. It is really fast with my new computers. I was only getting 1mbps with homeplug but disconnected it and connected directly to the router with ethernet and get about 4Mbps and above.

I have found that with DSL it would seem my line cannot support the higher speeds(even though AT&T sells them) which

would always leave me upset when I ran speedtest.net. because I was paying for a higher

speed.So I reduced my service speed to a lower speed and am more satisfied because my

speed is now consistent and I am getting what I pay for.;)

I just started downloading my first movie and am seeing download speeds of from 3.86 to 4.00. I have the AT&T Uverse 18 internet service. Since I cosistently download at 18.2 from newsgroup servers, it appears that the Dish servers are limited in download capability and that the download speed might vary with the download demand that Dish is experiencing at the time. I have no dificulty in watching live streaming HD videos from Netflix on my TV through my Samsung bluray player.

I have found that speeds vary greatly through the download. I suppose Dish gives you what they can depending on how many events they are passing 'down the pipe'

Wow!!!
I am new to Dish...and find the download speeds for Dishonline to be horrible!
I see posts here that go back several years that say they are working on it....I guess they are not.
I have FIOS internet and have VERY fast bandwidth....Still I normally get 4 mbps downloads from Dishonline....and don't get me started on the user interface.

I would think that with streaming content becoming more popular, that Dish would add some attention to this area. It almost makes me consider going back to cable!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)