DishONLINE Email

I agree, why would you go to an email address as a user name, makes no sense, they probably think the extra memory the user names take over time will add up and be too costly... but I registered, it found my account, confirmed it was me, still no email confirmation though.

Alos, the email says the feature is coming in time for the holidays, but on the website, its says its coming in Spring.
Another example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing....

I think the spring timeframe is past. They planned to have this available before now, i.e. it's late.

That site is really, really poorly done.... Anyone have any success with FireFox on it ? I couldn't. Had to resort to IE.

From FAQ on site. Apparently they aren't concerned with any browsers other than IE.

What hardware & software do I need?

We recommend the following specifications to ensure a smooth purchase and viewing experience:

Feature
Recommended
Minimum
Operating System:
Windows XP (any version, including MCE)
with Service Pack 2 installed​
CPU:
1.5 GHz or faster
600 MHz
Memory:
512 MB or more
256 MB
Hard disk:
20 GB or more free space
10 GB free space
Screen resolution:
1024 x 768
800 x 600
Audio:
speakers or other audio output​
Internet access:
a high-speed connection (e.g. DSL or cable)​
Internet Browser:
Internet Explorer 6+​
Other software:
.NET Framework v1.1+​

Why would you assume that ?

If you have an AT&T branded receiver, i.e. 622HZ, it already has this feature, does it not ?

The hardware does (receivers) but ATT customers do not have access to their account online. So I think he's talking about signing up or having access to the service online.

Another example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing....

I think the spring timeframe is past. They planned to have this available before now, i.e. it's late.

You're correct. The information is old and stale. I saw that exact same spring time announcement on the "Coming Soon" section when I signed on last winter...

I don't have spam folders on my account I used. It still never came in.

It's possible they don't have their email set up right and there's something wrong in the headers that irritates things.

firefox is a no go... safari works if you click my account then login... though after logged in i'm not sure what the point of this website is. and yes that video is annoying... i couldn't find where i had to put in my account number either. stupid site, test it before you launch it dish.

I just registered and got the activation email within minutes. I even entered my ATT account and came back with my name so I'm hoping it will also work for ATT customers.

I wasn't trying to slam anyone on the spam suggestion. Sometimes we all forget to check there.

I wouldn't have even brought it up except the whole registration process went off without any problems for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts