DISHONLINE ISSUES

wA2Hs8YBal9zAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Scott here's a screen shotwith slingbox.com and my sling adapter attached to my 722

My screen shot won't show up

I've attached my screen shot .. of course the remote control which looks just like a 20.0 #1 remote is *not* visible because of how it gets there.

Slingbox would work on Slingbox.COM but you said Sling Adapter in your post which does not work at Slingbox.COM.
So ... you go to watch.slingbox.com ... and if you get the "your sling adapter" ... hit your back arrow on your browser... then hit the "forward" button and it may go in and just immediately start streaming your Live TV.

If you actually attempt to bring up the "SlingBox Directory" .. it comes up ... shows you your sling adapters.. and then when you choose one ... again it errors telling you "you're not on a slingbox" yada yada yada.

I know.. stupid pet tricks with the Sling Adapter .. just you wait Dish ... some one's going to get pissed enough that they will make their own and tell you to go STUF IT! ;) and from that point forward dish will be even FURTHER behind the 8 ball.. :)

slingbox.jpg

just you wait Dish ... some one's going to get pissed enough that they will make their own and tell you to go STUF IT! ;) and from that point forward dish will be even FURTHER behind the 8 ball.. :)
Somebody already does. It's the Vulkano Flow from Monsoon Multimedia. It's cheaper than the Singbox Solo, has built-in wi-fi, and I believe it streams HD. Even the Android app is less than half the price of the Mobile Slingplayer app.

Somebody already does. It's the Vulkano Flow from Monsoon Multimedia. It's cheaper than the Singbox Solo, has built-in wi-fi, and I believe it streams HD. Even the Android app is less than half the price of the Mobile Slingplayer app.
I think you'll find that while the Vulkanos (and previous Monsoon products) accept HD inputs, they will not stream HD.

IIRC, Monsoon doesn't offer a web client for those times where you don't have their conventional client installed.

I think you'll find that while the Vulkanos (and previous Monsoon products) accept HD inputs, they will not stream HD.

IIRC, Monsoon doesn't offer a web client for those times where you don't have their conventional client installed.
Personally, I prefer dedicated clients. I still use Slingplayer 1.5 vs their web client. I prefer it over the 2.0 player, as well. It was an immediate turn-off when they forced their stupid online account BS on us. At that point, I knew it was a matter of time before it went web. Plus, the useless guide. My DVR has a guide. I don't need another one in the player.

But, the way it's going Sling often doesn't stream anything. Sometimes something is better than nothing!
Exactly.

Very frustrating that this used to work perfectly, and now I can only watch via my Slingbox if I'm at home and do a Reset Network Connections. Makes it almost pointless. I am hoping they get on the ball and get this fixed for everyone soon, or can pinpoint the issue.

bdiederich said:
Very frustrating that this used to work perfectly, and now I can only watch via my Slingbox if I'm at home and do a Reset Network Connections. Makes it almost pointless. I am hoping they get on the ball and get this fixed for everyone soon, or can pinpoint the issue.

+1

If you can reset your connection when you're at home and watch .. with the exception of a 722 on L721 firmware, there shouldn't be any reason why you can't watch from anywhere .... maybe one exception to that ... but generally, if you reset and it works.. its more likely to come to some odd problem with UPnP or port forwarding not working.

I CAN watch from anywhere after I reset my connection. The problem is that it only works for a few hours to one day before it's no longer working again, whether at home or on the road. I only brought up the at home issue, because you CAN fix it at home by resetting the network connection, which you can't do if you're not at home. And the times I'm going to want to use it are when I'm not at home...

If you can reset your connection when you're at home and watch .. with the exception of a 722 on L721 firmware, there shouldn't be any reason why you can't watch from anywhere .... maybe one exception to that ... but generally, if you reset and it works.. its more likely to come to some odd problem with UPnP or port forwarding not working.

I CAN watch from anywhere after I reset my connection. The problem is that it only works for a few hours to one day before it's no longer working again, whether at home or on the road. I only brought up the at home issue, because you CAN fix it at home by resetting the network connection, which you can't do if you're not at home. And the times I'm going to want to use it are when I'm not at home...

Although I am not a networking expert, I have had some experience with my own system. It sounds as if for some reason your router is losing connection with your receiver. You might try switching ports on the router, or switch. I have found routers don't seem to last very long, often only a year. I keep a spare one around just in case I need it, and I often do. I use the cheapest router I can find on Amazon, often under $20. I have tried some brand names, like Netgear, Lynksys, Dlink, but none last any longer than the others. I even had one situation where I could not get to one website. When I changed the router, I could then get to it. So they can cause anything. I suggest you buy a cheap router and try it.
Michael

Although I am not a networking expert, I have had some experience with my own system. It sounds as if for some reason your router is losing connection with your receiver.

Lots of us are having this issue and it seems to have started with the L721 software on the the 722 DVR which came out in early October. It is clearly a Dish software bug and they need to fix it.

I understand that these issues have been very frustrating to deal with. DIRT would like to gather information about these issues in detail to better assist with getting them resolved. If you are having issues with Dish Online or the Dish Remote Access application please send me a PM with the following information;

Account number/Phone number
Dish Online/Dish Remote Access application log in information
Type of internet (DSL, Cable, Other)
How your receiver is connected to the internet (hardwired, wireless, broadband powerline, or other)
If using a router/wireless connector please include the Make/Model numbers
Details about the issue you are experiencing and any information that is related that may help.

Thank you!

I understand that these issues have been very frustrating to deal with. DIRT would like to gather information about these issues in detail to better assist with getting them resolved. If you are having issues with Dish Online or the Dish Remote Access application please send me a PM with the following information;
I appreciate DIRT being willing to help, but just to be clear, this is NOT an issue with Dish Online or the Dish Remote Access app. It is an issue with the L721 software on the 722 DVR. The issue started happening right when that software was installed. Another way this error shows up (which confirms to me it is a problem on the DVR) is if you press the DVR button on the remote and then select option 3 for Blockbuster. You get a message that your DVR is not connected to the Internet and it needs to be in order to use Blockbuster Movie Pass.

Going to the Network Setup screen (Menu-6-1-9-2) shows that there is an IP address, Network Mask, and DNS set and from that screen all looks fine. If I then Reset Connection I will end up with the same IP, but when I go back to DVR option 3 I then get the Blockbuster Movie Selection Screen, I can access my recordings remotely (either via a PC, iPhone, or iPad). This lasts for some period of time or until the nightly reset at which point you need to do the Reset Connection again.

So, if I want to watch "remotely", but I am somewhere in my house, I can reset things to get it working for a while. However, if I am away and want to watch remotely I can't since there is no way to do the Reset Connection remotely (that would be a nice feature - perhaps send the reset request via the satellite like you do for remote programming of DVRs when they are not connected to the Internet).

Since this behavior started in early October, it has made my Sling Adapter kind of worthless. It is a BUG and needs to be fixed (and I say this as someone that spent 24 years designing/developing/debugging networking).

Last edited:
I am tracking Dish Online and Dish Remote access application specific issues.

The boradband error with the 722 receivers dropping the connection is a seperate issue that Mary B. is working on. If you are having an issue with your receiver dropping the broadband connection please go to http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...sions/268313-broadband-problem-vip-722-a.html and you can PM Mary B. about this specific issue.

+1

I appreciate DIRT being willing to help, but just to be clear, this is NOT an issue with Dish Online or the Dish Remote Access app. It is an issue with the L721 software on the 722 DVR. The issue started happening right when that software was installed. Another way this error shows up (which confirms to me it is a problem on the DVR) is if you press the DVR button on the remote and then select option 3 for Blockbuster. You get a message that your DVR is not connected to the Internet and it needs to be in order to use Blockbuster Movie Pass.

Going to the Network Setup screen (Menu-6-1-9-2) shows that there is an IP address, Network Mask, and DNS set and from that screen all looks fine. If I then Reset Connection I will end up with the same IP, but when I go back to DVR option 3 I then get the Blockbuster Movie Selection Screen, I can access my recordings remotely (either via a PC, iPhone, or iPad). This lasts for some period of time or until the nightly reset at which point you need to do the Reset Connection again.

So, if I want to watch "remotely", but I am somewhere in my house, I can reset things to get it working for a while. However, if I am away and want to watch remotely I can't since there is no way to do the Reset Connection remotely (that would be a nice feature - perhaps send the reset request via the satellite like you do for remote programming of DVRs when they are not connected to the Internet).

Since this behavior started in early October, it has made my Sling Adapter kind of worthless. It is a BUG and needs to be fixed (and I say this as someone that spent 24 years designing/developing/debugging networking).

Dishonline has been down for me for atleast couple of days. The funny thing is dish recorded a 2 min show on my dvr telling me about dishonline & how i can browse shows & watch programs at dishonline. Ha ha ha

I received an update to the Dish App on my Droid this morning claming a fix for connection problems. Hasn't made a difference. Of my 3 vips, 2 are generally available, and 1 is generally not.

I going to grab a 100' Ethernet cable and plug the problem child directly into the router to see if that makes any difference (bypassing 2 Gigabit switches).

This has been an issue for awhile. I need to remotely set my DVR which I can't, I need to remotely watch TV which I can't (at least with DOL or DRA)

Can a DIRT member contact me regarding a refund of the $99 I paid for the sling adapter. Since I can't get it to work I might as well get my money back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts