DISHONLINE ISSUES

And the CSR on Dish Chatt tried to tell me that FF was the recommended browser and Opera (my favorite) nor IE would work well. The fact of the matter is nothing works well with DOL!

Someone from Dish please help. My 722 with sling adapter does not work (red light is on) Dish online won't let me set recordings but does show guide. I get:

FAMILY ROOM
Sorry, we cannot establish a connection to this DVR. Get help connecting in our troubleshooting guide.
You can still watch shows and movies online, and schedule recordings.

By the way, DOL shows my receiver as having a sling adapter

When I go to 722 it says I'm online, I reset and it works sometimes. I'll go to another computer on my network and DOL will work. Than the next day it won't. My basement 612 shows up online and I can set recordings, but not the 722.
I NEED MY SLING ADAPTER HELP!

Someone from Dish please help. My 722 with sling adapter does not work (red light is on) Dish online won't let me set recordings but does show guide. I get:

FAMILY ROOM
Sorry, we cannot establish a connection to this DVR. Get help connecting in our troubleshooting guide.
You can still watch shows and movies online, and schedule recordings.

By the way, DOL shows my receiver as having a sling adapter

When I go to 722 it says I'm online, I reset and it works sometimes. I'll go to another computer on my network and DOL will work. Than the next day it won't. My basement 612 shows up online and I can set recordings, but not the 722.
I NEED MY SLING ADAPTER HELP!
Hi, I am sorry you are having this issue. Can you please PM me your account information and also please tell me if the 722 shows with a sling adapter or a sling box? Thank you!

Mary I sent you a PM, dish online shows slingbox NOT sling adapter. and dish remote access doesn't work either. Keep in mind both portals workd great for a long time, the problems just started several months ago

UPDATE!
I just went to slingbox.com, and I can watch live TV with my sling adapter!. Press remote and a dish network remote pops up, guide works...this is better than DOL or DRA.

Maryb I sent you a PM but hold on anything until I check this slingbox.com on my home computer and laptop. I'm liking slingbox.com with sling adapter much better

UPDATE!
I just went to slingbox.com, and I can watch live TV with my sling adapter!. Press remote and a dish network remote pops up, guide works...this is better than DOL or DRA.

Maryb I sent you a PM but hold on anything until I check this slingbox.com on my home computer and laptop. I'm liking slingbox.com with sling adapter much better

Huh?

When I try watching there I get the following error message..

Your DISH Network SlingLoaded™ DVR can only be watched on DISH Remote Access and
your compatible mobile device. Please log-in to www.dishnetwork.com and click on DISH
Remote Access link.

I have a red sling adapter that used to work fine until a month or so ago. DRA and DOL worked. This morning I went to slingbox.com signed in saw my family room slingbox and watched live TV. Clicked on remote and a dish remote popped up and I changed channels. Tried again an hour later and worked fine. Just tried now and it took awhile to access then said slingbox disconnected because of low bandwith. it gave me a yes or no box to try again. Will try to upload a screen shot but I have 2 screens and it shows both

I actually stated to report it using the links on the website itself. It gives them real time and account specific information as to the problem. Chat will take a report and forward it on but the website links go directly to the people tracking and resolving the issues.

Mary,

Where is the best place to report problems with Dish Remote access on an IOS device? I cannot delete
recordings from my iPod. I have a Sling Adapter and I am able to view recordings on my iPod. When
I am done viewing I click on the Delete button, a popup tells me it was deleted but it is still there.
If I log into Dish Remote Access on a computer I can delete recordings from there. I have not tried
Dish Online on a computer.
Thanks.

Mark

I have given up on Dish Online. What on earth was Dish thinking when they replaced that beautiful Dish Remote Access with this piece of junk? I don't have a SlingBox or SlingAdapter. All I want to do is use Dish Online to set timers remotely. For me, at least, that is impossible. For details refer to my post #40 in this thread, posted on October 24. Nothing has changed in the meantime. Based on my reading this thread, it looks to me like the Dish engineering department is completely incompetent or completely uncaring or both. I refuse to believe that the people responsible for Dish Remote Access and Dish Online are the same. Did Dish fire a good team in some sort of cost-saving move, then go out into the street and hire random people to implement DishOnline? That's what it looks like.

wA2Hs8YBal9zAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Scott here's a screen shotwith slingbox.com and my sling adapter attached to my 722

My screen shot won't show up

I am having the same issues tonight. I can view live TV from DO but cannot access my DVR recordings. It was working earlier today, and one night this week, but not now...

Mary,

Where is the best place to report problems with Dish Remote access on an IOS device? I cannot delete
recordings from my iPod. I have a Sling Adapter and I am able to view recordings on my iPod. When
I am done viewing I click on the Delete button, a popup tells me it was deleted but it is still there.
If I log into Dish Remote Access on a computer I can delete recordings from there. I have not tried
Dish Online on a computer.
Thanks.

Mark

Hi Mark, if possible I recommend to report it with the on site links but the DRA Mobile App does not have one. I can submit reports from my end if you want to send the account information and a detailed description of what service is having a problem and what the problem is. I am trying to get more information about the dishonline issues. I do understand the frustration you all feel and I am trying to get these issues addressed. Please report the issues as they occur. Thank you!

Dish Onlie not working

So, I've been trying all week on vacation to watch the news or do anything remotely with dish online. All I get is error 31. It also does not work on my iPhone. When I try to play "Watch" for any program on my DVR, it reads "Connection failed. Please make sure that your Dish Receiver and your iPhone are connected to the Internet". Very disappointed because I really had hoped to watch the local news and other programming while away on vacation, but it's just not happening at all. It used to work well for me last year...

I had been getting error 31 for over a month and finally found my problem. Turns out the USB hub I had been using had failed (my guess is a fan I added was drawing too much current) . I looked at my sling and saw no lights. When I took out the hub and plugged the sling directly into my DVR, the light came on and it started working. So don't overlook the obvious, and always test it before your go on vacation (sorry that doesn't do you any good now, cutrock).

My sling adapter is plugged directly into my 722 and I still have problems with DOL and DRA. Slingbox.com works fine but no DVR programming functions

Mary,
Is someone REALLY working on these issues with DOL? When we report the issues with "feedback" at the bottom of the DOL webpage does anybody really read them? It would be nice if you could get a quote from the team leader for DOL. So much time has passed with the issues not being resolved it makes one wonder if someone is really working on it. Please find out for sure.
Thanks
Michael

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts