Dishonline: possible to alter DVR timers?

akaArturoK

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Western NC
I have a 722k (no sling) and I find dishonline worse than useless in trying to control it. Why worse? Sometimes I am able to see my list of recordings and timers, but usually not. When I can and I change something in a timer or try to add a one-time recording, the site shows that it set the DVR, but it doesn't actually do it. Thus, it misleads me to think I've done what I want and then doesn't do it. That is worse than useless. Frankly, the fraction of times I am actually able to get the site to display my recordings or timers is so low, that this is usually not a problem. (I logon and refresh multiple times, often to no avail.) When I was on Charter cable and had a Moxi DVR, I had no trouble setting the DVR on line: it never made an error. So, it can be done, Dish just isn't doing it. I like the dish service except for this. Any constructive advice on getting online DVR control to work consistently?

I still use dish.sling.com instead, with fair success. Just X out of the offer to go to DishOnline! :eek:

I have a 722k (no sling) and I find dishonline worse than useless in trying to control it. Why worse? Sometimes I am able to see my list of recordings and timers, but usually not. When I can and I change something in a timer or try to add a one-time recording, the site shows that it set the DVR, but it doesn't actually do it. Thus, it misleads me to think I've done what I want and then doesn't do it. That is worse than useless. Frankly, the fraction of times I am actually able to get the site to display my recordings or timers is so low, that this is usually not a problem. (I logon and refresh multiple times, often to no avail.) When I was on Charter cable and had a Moxi DVR, I had no trouble setting the DVR on line: it never made an error. So, it can be done, Dish just isn't doing it. I like the dish service except for this. Any constructive advice on getting online DVR control to work consistently?

I've had these EXACT same issues, and I have yet to find a solution. Dish Remote Access NEVER used to do this for me, so why can't they fix Dish Online to not act like this? Are not enough people complaining?

I agree! Dish Remote Access worked much much better than than Dishonline. I don't understand why they got rid of DRA and kept the inferior, buggy Dishonline. Please, please Dish, bring back DRA.

I tried that (dish.sling.com) and it worked as long as I used Internet Explorer, but not Firefox. Do others use Firefox with this successfully?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts