DishOnline unable to stream football game?

jawxx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
United States
I was wondering if there's some sort of protection on this event that I can't view it online. I am able to view other recorded off of my DVR on my computer through my DishOnline account but whenever I try to view the recording that is Wisconsin and Oregon State, it aired on FX, it just jumps to live TV. Hoping someone can help me out here!

Thanks a lot,
-Justin

My first thought would be to ask if you've tried this in different browsers, gotten the latest Adobe Flash update, and/or tried it on the Dish app for the iPad or iPhone. But I'm guessing what you're saying is that since everything else you've recorded works, it's obviously just this one game that doesn't work... not a system problem. Still, I'd be interested to know if it worked on the Dish app, which I find to be much for consistent and bug-free than the web browser version. Do you have a device that can use the Dish app to access your receiver over the internet? If so, try it out.

So I recorded another game. This time NFL. This had the same affect in the browser sling player. I had a few minutes so I tried it on my phone as well and with the phone it worked just fine actually. So the answer is yes, it works from the phone. Now, sure, we can attribute this problem to the more buggy browser version if we want but I don't think that's it. There's an iPad in the household as well but I haven't gotten a chance to try it on that. Another bit that may be worth noting is regarding my list of programs on the DVR; in the web browser version there is no logos next to these football games whereas all the other programs have their logo intact. On my phone I do have logos by the football games.

If I had to venture a guess I would suggest that there is some sort of protections on these events to prevent them from being streamed off my DVR and the code for this is more thorough in the web version versus my 'app' on a phone.

I was wondering if there's some sort of protection on this event that I can't view it online. I am able to view other recorded off of my DVR on my computer through my DishOnline account but whenever I try to view the recording that is Wisconsin and Oregon State, it aired on FX, it just jumps to live TV. Hoping someone can help me out here!

Thanks a lot,
-Justin

I've been having this problem for about 9 months now for every single sporting event I recorded when using Dish Online. First support told me that engineering was aware of the issue and was working on it. After 4 months, I called back, and they said they think there is protection against streaming recorded sporting events. No one was able to point me to official Dish documentation that said so, though.

I reverted to using Dish Remote Access, and it works just fine. So if this was really such a big deal to Dish, why would they still allow it on Dish Remote Access? I think it's a bug in the system that they refuse to acknowledge. Doesn't seem like any support is being done on Dish Online period. It's really bad.

There is a known issue where sometimes a recording will not play, and it will only show live TV. This transition should take no more than a minute, but sometimes it may not occur and will stay on live TV. We are working to get this resolved.

There is a known issue where sometimes a recording will not play, and it will only show live TV. This transition should take no more than a minute, but sometimes it may not occur and will stay on live TV. We are working to get this resolved.

I do indeed hope that is the case, but the reason I am skeptical is that I was told the same thing on these forums 9 months ago, and when I talked to Dish Online chat support, they told me Dish wasn't allowed to let a DVR playback a sporting event over a stream. Matt, do you know if that's true?

And, I'll repeat, I WAS able to stream on my phone. Just not on my browser. Needless to day.... browser would be much more satisfying, especially for a sporting event.

And this is not random times or events, it's exclusively the sporting events.

And, I'll repeat, I WAS able to stream on my phone. Just not on my browser. Needless to day.... browser would be much more satisfying, especially for a sporting event.

And this is not random times or events, it's exclusively the sporting events.

Yeah, my guess is because the phone uses Dish Remote Access which I never have a problem watching recorded sporting events from. If you use Dish Online in the browser, then it won't let you (which is why I'm hopeful it's a bug that they can fix).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)