dishonline with wireless connection?

dlh1435

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
I got a vip 622 can you use a wireless connection to hookup the dishonline.if so how do you do it.

You sure can. But to do so you will needa wireless bridge ora game adapter. Once that is on the network simply run an ethernet cable from it to the 622. the same thing can be done witha second wireless router set to act as bridge.

Certainly not wirelessly. I am nost sure what you are trying to do but the PC will not play files downloaded through DISHonline.

I am nost sure what you are trying to do but the PC will not play files downloaded through DISHonline.
At this point, a computer is the only way you can download and play movies from DISHonline.

The movies will not migrate between the computer and the Dish ViPx22 receiver.

Yes wirelessly. If a router is used you van use a witeless one as discussed above. IF he si looking to com=nnect the two directly that is aother matter.

At this point, a computer is the only way you can download and play movies from DISHonline.

The movies will not migrate between the computer and the Dish ViPx22 receiver.

It depends on which DISHOnline you are referiring to. there are two services. One works on computers and is called Dish Online (two words) the other DishONLINE (single word) that is only compatible with the 622 and 722. i assumed that he was referring to the the DishONLINE that is available through the 622 and 722. Bit it is true that you cannot transfer the files in either case.

So a question back to the Op---which service are you referring to? Because of the way you asked it I assume that my original answer is correct but only you can say for sure which one you meant.

Last edited:
DId we ever get staraight which DISH Online is being referred to?

I have a wireless print server Netgear WGPS606 with 2 usb printer ports and 4 ethernet ports that I heard somewhere would work. I picked it up on Ebay (was a refurb),

I have that exact Netgear device for my 722, an old TiVo, and the PS3, so I can confirm it works.

The USB ports, of course, aren't much use in that application :)

DISHOnline (one word, not the website) is available on the 622 and 722 receivers as a VOD service. I think this is what the OP was referring to.
They are one and the same.

Actually, the website has more than just VOD, but it is where the VOD content is ordered.

DISH Online is a website. I'm not sure what other one you're thinking of.

earlier in the thread you mentioned that you thought that the only way to download was to a PC. T that time it was explained that there is another similarly named service that is available if you have a 622 or 722 to download to those receivers but that the two are not interchangeable ---that files downloaded to one cannot be read on the other device.

If you have a 622 0r 722 you will find DISHOnline listed on the menus. It allows you to download video to the receiver. It is not the same as the website that allows you to download to a PC

They are NOT one and the same. One gives you programming viewable ona PC that cannot be moved to a 622/722 the other is viewable ONLY on a 622/722.

BTW the programming available is not even the same---and more importantly the foramt of the files is different.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts