622 HDMI issues

NoWhrMn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 9, 2005
Tucson, Az
So I have an Onkyo TX-SR705 and I want to use it to do my HDMI switching for my 622 and DVD player. Hook up DVD player set input on AVR all works well. Attach HDMI cable to 622 assign input on AVR and go figure no joy.

So I call Dish Tech "support" to attempt to get my issue resolved and the tech tells me, after going through most of her trouble shooting screens, that she cannot help me and she will forward my issue to engineering dept.

My question, is that normal? I know that all they are going to be able to do is replace the unit and that is all I want them to do but she says she cannot do that. So should I wait for the 24 hours to call back or should I try CSR roulete?

I had a similar problem; I had a 622 that I got not long after they first came out, but never tried to use the HDMI port until just recently; and found that the port didn't work at all.

I tried using different cables, and I tried connecting to different devices (e.g. directly to the TV vs. through the receiver), to rule out a bad cable or compatibility problem.

I called support and explained that the port wasn't working and what I did to troubleshoot, and (luckily) the CSR didn't hesitate to start an RMA. I do have the $6/month protection plan, so maybe that helped.

The replacement unit's HDMI port works properly.

-h

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)