Vip622 Ethernet problem

jpeckinp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I am having trouble connecting my VIP622 to the internet through my router.

I have a DWL-G820 connected up to my DI-624 router.
My problem is every time I reset the connection it gives me all 0's.

I know the 622 says it has to be a DHCP but I have tried everything I could think of on my 624 and the 820 to get it to assign addresses.

I know of a few on here use this adapter to connect to the net. So if you use this setup could you lend a poor guy a hand and maybe tell me how you have yours set up?
confused.gif

Extra Info:

ATT DSL with PPPoE done at the modem so I have my router set with dynamic IP from the net.

Ok so your set up matches mine exactly including ISP.

I did a frimware upgrade on my G820 (rev b) to 2.2 this week and the 622 is now getting an address i was getting the same error, although it did work when i first installed.

The di-624 is rev c and so is at firmware 2.76, the latest as it fixes some getting ip issues.

Im using defaults except encryption, SSID and Super G with Dynamic Turbo on the wireless side, i am therefore not using DHCP for the G820 , but it is for the 622.

Anything else i can help you with let me know.

Last edited:
we are the exact same setup. I might just have to get rid of my mac filtering. I tried that but it got me nowhere the first time.

I have the 820 setup as DHCP and the 624 is set to recognize the 820's mac because I can't get a mac from the 622.

I really don't like getting rid of a line of security because I live in an apartment building and when I do wifi search I get about 20 different SSID's and when I check my logs I see that I have people that try to get in and fail.

Got it figured out.
Router keep assigning conflicting IP's to the 622 and one of the other units on my network. I had to assign all the other equipment static IP's and leave the 622 as dynamic DHCP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)