DishPlayer 625 and OTA?

CowboyDren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
I have a DP625 box that works pretty well (D500). I get my local channels via Dish, and I have only an SD TV. But Dish says that my 625 has an OTA tuner in the case, and pretty much leaves everything else to me to figure out. My house has a 4' UHF/VHF rig that somebody probably paid $200 for, and the wiring is intact. I'm only about 10mi from the transmitters (all within a 3° field of view), so just rabbit ears work well for SD VHF; never bothered hooking up the big rig.

Has anyone on this forum played with a DP625 to decode OTA broadcasts? I'd like to see if I can get live radar and stuff like that...

decode? If it's a NTSC broadcast it should be fine to be able to be received. I've only heard of one OTA pay service but that's more propretary... IMHO a live dopper radar isn't that big of a deal. I have one on one channel and two weather channels. I rather get more content than anything else

CowboyDren said:
I have a DP625 box that works pretty well (D500). I get my local channels via Dish, and I have only an SD TV. But Dish says that my 625 has an OTA tuner in the case, and pretty much leaves everything else to me to figure out. My house has a 4' UHF/VHF rig that somebody probably paid $200 for, and the wiring is intact. I'm only about 10mi from the transmitters (all within a 3° field of view), so just rabbit ears work well for SD VHF; never bothered hooking up the big rig.

Has anyone on this forum played with a DP625 to decode OTA broadcasts? I'd like to see if I can get live radar and stuff like that...
Call DISH and have them ship you your missing decoder.:mad: :mad: :mad:

That's what they get for making the new HD DVR model number (622) so similar to the existing SD model (625).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)